“Tuscany Bike trip Sept 2018”

Gusto Cycling Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Montecatini Terme Cycle Tour takes in the marshland area south of Montecatini Terme, a visit to the medieval village of Montecarlo and enjoy a well earned stop i for lunch at one of the area’s finest wine estates. Lunch is optional. Gusto Cycling Offer a wide range of Tuscany cycling options to suit all tastes. Tuscany has it all, History, Art, Culture, amazing gastronomy and great wine! plus the added bonus of enjoyable cycling through its varied countryside and medieval places which have hardly changed for over 600 years!! Its no surprise that Tuscany is so popular and draws people from walkers and cyclists. Its undulating countryside, hilltop medieval towns with rewarding and far reaching views is a satisfying end to great days cycling as your own leisurely pace.
Reviewed 26 September 2018

When we started to look at visiting Tuscany our group wanted a trip that we could get out of the cities and feel the culture. Marco took the time to listen and we were amazed at the results....
The first day was to get our bikes and as most cyclists are aware you like your bike at home and don't think that you will get the quality or care will be given on your rental bike!! I was very pleased to get the care and response from professional cyclists and the bikes were bar none better than what i had at home. Every thing was taken care of on the bikes as we needed and no complaints. A professional job!!

The places we stayed brought the culture of Italy right to our hearts and minds. I can not say enough about the accommodations. In my opinion they we perfect!!

Our ride was for 7 days and we were given a GPS maps for our phones and bike computers. As you know coming from a different country it can be a bit nervous to use alternate means of traveling. The GPS maps were perfect and we did not have one single issue riding around!!

A lot of businesses get wrapped up in all the paper work and need to manage it was a pleasant surprise when Marco showed up to chat with us and took great care in listening to us on how the trip was going.

I walked away from this trip as one of the top adventures i have done and it was all in the prep work from Gusto cycling.

Beyond a doubt I would use Gusto Cycling for all my travels to Italy. They were very responsive and accommodating...

Date of experience: September 2018
DonCorleone73, Owner at Gusto Cycling Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you John for your lovely feedback, I take great care in the preparation and execution of all my cycle tours, I am a small bespoke cycle operator and your feedback gives me a real sense of satisfaction . Thank you John look forward to seeing you again at some point in the future

All reviews
"gps"
"cyclists"
"race"

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We booked a 6 day cycling tour of Tuscany through Gusto Cycling in late September 2018. Overall we were very satisfied with what Marco supplied us for the price! The bikes were high-quality carbon Di-2 (electronic shifting) road bikes and the agriturismos that he booked us at were all just top-notch! We had some members get ill during the trip unfortunately but he did a great job of rolling with the changes and meeting our needs for transporting group members to the next location, even though that was not part of the plan! Also, Marco took the time to come out and meet our group individually and we discussed our love of cycling over a bottle of wine. Very nice touch and we will definitely hire him again for our next trip!

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I take great care in the preparation and execution of all my cycle tours, I am a small bespoke cycle operator and your feedback gives me a real sense of satisfaction . Thank you I look forward to seeing you again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Marco arranged a bespoke cycling tour for me from Pisa to Florence via Lucca, San Gimignano, Vinci and Montecatini Terme. Everything was excellent from the beginning with responsive emails, detailed routes, good hotel bookings and a very pleasant personal service. Massimo transported the luggage with everything going like clockwork. Both Marco and Massimo are very personable and knowledgeable about the area. The trip was a joy from beginning to end and I would strongly recommend them.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Janet B

Thank you Janet for your lovely feedback, I take great care in the preparation and execution of all my cycle tours, I am a small bespoke cycle operator and your feedback gives me a real sense of satisfaction . Thank you Janet I look forward to seeing you again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We hired three excellent bikes from Gusto Cycling and with our own panniers had three fabulous days cycling, starting in Pisa and staying in Lucca, Montecatini, and Florence. Marco and his colleagues ensured the bikes were delivered and collected at exactly the agreed times and were also very helpful in advising what we needed to do when travelling back from Florence to Pisa by train with the bikes. They responded by email each time very promptly.

The Tuscan countryside is truly stunning.

Thanks again Marco

Marc

Date of experience: September 2018
DonCorleone73, Owner at Gusto Cycling Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you Marc for your kind feedback, we always try to provide the best possible service to enable you to have a wonderful and safe cycling holiday
best wishes Marco Mori Gusto Cycling

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 August 2018

After deciding to travel to Tuscany Italy this summer, I did a google search and found Gusto Cycling. My friend and I couldn't be happier with the choice and It couldn't have been easier working with Marco to put together a personalized itinerary for 4 days of cycling through the Chianti Region. Marco put together wonderful cycling routes (based upon my specifications - medieval villages, breathtaking vistas, wineries, and countryside) and a fabulous choice of hotels for us. He met us before our trip, was there for us throughout our trip and always checked in to see how we were doing, and met with us after to hear all about our adventure. And what a wonderful adventure it was! The memories will last a lifetime. Thank you Marco Mori, you are the best!

Date of experience: July 2018
DonCorleone73, Owner at Gusto Cycling Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you Cathy for your kind response , i take great pleasure in providing the very best cycle experience in Tuscany and pleased you enjoyed the cycle tour in Tuscany.