Country Hotel Borgo Sant'Ippolito
Villa Saulina(Lastra a Signa)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$96
Hotel I' Fiorino(Capraia e Limite)
US$92
US$87
Villa Le Calvane(Montespertoli)
  • Pool
Il Molino del Ponte(Montespertoli)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Baccio da Montelupo(Montelupo Fiorentino)
  • Room Service
Villa La Malva(Carmignano)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nightfree parkingtrain stationcleaned dailythe main roadwificountrysidecarflorenceatmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We spent four nights here and loved it. Its rural location in a historic building gives it a very relaxed and romantic feeling. Our room was spacious, clean and pleasant, and looked out onto the lawns and nearby hills. We enjoyed sitting out in the courtyard, and also had a picnic in the surrounding grounds. The staff were lovely and helpful. The restaurant has good simple fare at a reasonable price, and there are great restaurants in Montelupo if you want something fancier.

We didn't have our own transport, but the staff gave us rides into town when they could, and we also borrowed bikes from the hotel. Its also okay to walk to town, as long as you stay right on the edge of the road where it narrows down!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked Country Hotel Borgo Sant'Ippolito on last minute ... 4 nights in April 2014
The hotel was very far from Florence airport and cost me 42 Euros which was disappointing...
On arrival the hotel staff Laura was waiting for me .. she showed me to my room and made sure the restaurant stayed open for my last order at 10.45pm …
The room was amazing … cottage / country side feel … I loved my room and the bed was soooo comfortable ,,, I had a lovely country side view … the only thing was I could not sleep with the window open as the Traffic noise (I could live with it) ... the shower cubicle felt abit cramped and dark - but bathroom was clean
I made friends with another guest who said my room was better and spacious compared to hers ... but when booking i did should Double - sleeps two which was situated on first floor right at the end (room 16) having a sneak preview at others rooms while the cleaner was there - i think my room was the best
The hotel is in a rural location so no access to bus or taxi – but the hotel kindly gave me a bicycle that I everyday I would ride to Montelupa – and get trains to all locations … I felt safe riding back in the dark but it did feel risky …
You can book spa at the hotel and massage which was brilliant ...
Occasionally the hotel manager would give me a lift to local Pizzeria restaurants…
I only ate twice at the hotel as I felt not much choice – but the food was fresh, home cooked and very tasty. Service from the waiter staff Fatima was excellent
Breakfast was average continental and the hotel manager always made sure I was happy with breakfast …
Overall I felt like I was at home … all staff especially Laura and Fatima were Lovely!
The only disadvantage is Location if you don’t have your own transport …
I would definitely stay at this hotel again as it was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: first floor - room right towards the end (room 16 i think)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great Hotel and if you are traveling in car is the best option to visit all Tuscany, and to Florence don't drive the train station is 10 min away with free parking and you will be in the center of Florence in 20 to 30 min Included Breakfast is great and the restaurant service too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marc0usa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is wonderful and the staff are superb! Before we travelled we requested a quiet room with space for a travel cot, which they absolutely delivered on. We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived with our 21 month old son and felt the hotel staff really went out of their way to help ensure we had a good stay, even down to playing with our son while we ate breakfast so that my husband and I could eat together rather than in shifts! Staff were always happy to help with advice and local information and nothing was too much trouble. We were greeted when we left for the day and on return, it was a very friendly place.

The hotel was in lovely gardens which our son enjoyed exploring and had a beautiful courtyard. It was incredibly picturesque and the whole place was spotless. Food and drink was excellent, our bed was clean and comfy and the shower was brilliant, what more could you want? There were a couple of families at the hotel but there were also couples and larger groups. My only snag as that sound did seem to travel in the hotel (late arriving guests, restaurant noises), but the sounds were not enough to wake our son. Wonderful location for exploring Tuscany with a well lit car park. It really was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Staff are extremely kind, service appropriate, even on a business trip.

A nice typical countryside palace style building at the entrance of the Chianti region. At a side of a road with a lot of local traffic, that is completely unnoticed inside the Vila domains. My room kept the country atmosphere, warm, silent... Did not have any nice views to comment, and TV was either too small or too far from bed, but was irrelevant to me.

Breakfast: just fair, a little mismatch to the **** they hold.

Restaurant has a nice variety of local dishes and wines at extremely competitive prices. My choice was delicious, promptly served and kindly attended.

The only pain came from the Free WiFi Connection, makes you think if it were good, but paying, maybe would be preferred.

Next time to visit spa and pool, this time, just missed it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business