We spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel in the Sud-Tirol. Our room was spacious and well furnished though I found the fact that every surface was covered with promotional literature a little irritating.However it was easy enough to gather it all up into a pile so that we had somewhere to put our stuff. We had a spacious balcony overlooking the terrace with lovely views of the mountains and a large bathroom with walk-in shower. We were staying on half-board terms. The selection at breakfast was amazing with lots of homemade produce such as yoghurt. Dinner was 3 courses preceded by a salad bar which was really a meal in itself. There is no choice for the 3 courses but we did not find that a problem as we do not have any food dislikes or allergies. The quality of the food and its presentation was outstanding. We also sampled the wine from the estate which, although not cheap, is excellent. We hope to buy some more on-line as we could only manage to carry 2 bottles home. While we were there we were invited along with the other guests to a sampling in the wine cellar. This included tasting some of the wines and enjoying some very tasty snacks. This was free and on top of the salad bar and 3 course dinner. We had assumed that it took the place of the salad bar. The only slightly negative aspect of our stay was service but this may have been because of language difficulties. We speak reasonable Italian but the staff will only speak German which I don't speak at all though my husband made a decent fist of recalling his schoolboy German. The hotelier however speaks excellent English though he is not always around. Like a previous reviewer we got caught out by the eau de vie at the end of the meal. Unfortunately the one we chose the first night was 11 euros a glass (little more than a thimbleful) and the one on the second night was 8 euros. So be warned and ask the price before making your choice. Although the other hotels we stayed in during this holiday had eau de vie on display nowhere else were they brought round to the table as a matter of course. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay here, would recommend it and would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magic Mountain - Historic country manor and estate, located right on the high Radein plateau, first opened its doors to guests and travellers in 1890. Famous people, artists and Nobel prize-winners found tranquility and relaxation here. Through careful and sympathetic renovation the hotel has retained its essential flair from these early years. Fresh, local South Tyrolean cuisine, cosy antique wooden-panelled stube, crackling log fires, panoramic views from the restaurant, outdoor pool and sunny terraces ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Berghotel Zirmerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berghotel Zirmerhof Redagno
- Berghotel Zirmerhof Italy/Redagno