The Relais Il Canalicchio is a wonderfully charming hotel that we enjoyed very much. The staff was incredible, reliable, and so much fun to be around. Ciro, the hotel's manager, was so kind to us for our entire stay, constantly checking on us to see if we needed anything and to make sure we were having a great time. Cataldo and Giovanni, two young men on the waitstaff, were absolutely charming and helped us out every step of the way on our vacation. Sara and Giovanna, two young ladies who help arrange excursions and accompany guests on these excursions, were so amazing at helping translate between different languages, getting us to and from our destinations safely, and answering any questions we had about anything--day or night! Other special shout-outs to the owner, Pasquale, Claudio our faithful driver, Gianni--the wonderful photographer, Pepe--the fabulous chef who we laughed and had fun with during classes and danced with on our last night and the countless other staff members who worked seemingly around the clock to make our stay in Italy so memorable. We would also like to thank Ciro, Cataldo, and Giovanni for helping us out during our ALS ice bucket challenge and dumping 3 huge buckets of water on our heads while helping us spread awareness and raise funds to help in the fight to end ALS. You have all given us wonderful memories that we will cherish for years to come. Bottom line: If you are looking to relax, have a good time, explore the Umbrian country-side, meet some great people, eat some great meals, and not nit-pick every little nuance, BOOK IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Il Canalicchio stands like a small gem inset into the summit of a hill. The picturesque town built around the Castello di Poggio, which dates to the 10th-11th centuries, dominates the town with its imposing tower and a splendid little church close to the vineyards and olive groves at the centre of the lush Umbrian countryside. The luxury Relais has almost completely remodeled and enclosed the town of Canalicchio, an intact and resplendent oasis of peace, where only the twittering of birds interrupts the relaxing stillness. Inside, the historic and rural origins of the place are obvious; it still has its apparent castle-like structure and boasts an enormous and exquisite millstone, the old press and some lovely arches, evoking the enchanting atmosphere and charm of times gone by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Relais Il Canalicchio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Il Canalicchio Di Collazzone
- Relais Il Canalicchio Umbria, Italy