“Wonderful hotel, exellent location and great people”

Toroni Blue Sea Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toroni
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was our first time vacationing in Toroni . If you are looking for a beautiful beach, clean room and friendly hosts, then Toroni Blue Sea Hotel is definitely your choice. We are feeling at home over there and we are look forward to the next visit to our dear friends. Many regards for Vassilis, Menia, Anna :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gmkonsultant

Reviewed 27 May 2013

First and foremost the hotel is under new management! I have read all the previous reviews, but had to decide on the quality of the hotel for my self. I chose the Blue Sea because of its location. Toroni is a very peaceful little town in a more or less a protected cove. The beach is clean, long and inviting. From the hotel there is a unobstructed view of some low wooded hills, which offer a break from the beach. There are several good restaurants, so variety and choice is available. There are two super markets that I've found, both have reasonable prices. For the self caterer or budget traveler there is also a pizza delivery service.

I arrived late to the hotel, around 22.30, but it was no problem. The receptionist greeted me warmly and professionally. I was shown to my room, in which I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, #124. The cleaning staff made the bed everyday, swept and mopped the room, and emptied the garbage. I requested fresh towels after two days which I received. I understand that everyone has different expectations and experiences, but I have to say I do not have anything negative to say about my experience.

Breakfast was continental most days, with eggs and bacon offered on the weekend. The staff made sure enough food was available at all times. The buffet line was well attended, by constant cleaning of spillage and crumbs. Traditional Greek food was offered for dinner. Just make a request so the management can make arrangements to satisfy your request.

Please do not think this review is a paid advertisement, it is not. It is my honest review of my experience to give travelers a variety of opinions to help to decide whether to give the Toroni Blue Sea a go. I hope it helps and if you do stay at the hotel, I wish you a great time in Toroni.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kyle R
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We returned there for two years only because the location, we loved the fact that the hotel is on the beautiful beach with soft sand and clean water. We also liked that the rooms were big and that they had good seaview. But the rooms are not cleaned well, we never got what we needed on time(towels,shampoo,toilet paper etc.) The food was not enough for so many people in the peak season and was basic, far from good.Dirty water in the swiming pool also dirty sun chairs next to the swiming pool.We specifically asked not to be given the apartment that was on the corner of the hotel facing the sea because the heat was unbearable there and the aircondition was terrible and even though we booked in January we were still given the same apartment when we came back in July.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Jelena77
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Over the past two years I visited this place several times. I had a great experience with good friends. We are always warmly welcomed by the hotel manager with whom we became good friends. The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable and we are able to use the kitchen for our own needs. I look forward to the next visit to Toroni.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fisherman_Varna
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I have recently visited this wonderful place with some friends of mine. I am one of the nine guys from the last review. It was a great vacation. We were pleased by the careful attention of the owner. Although the kitchen was closed during this time of the year, the owner prepared delicious meals for us. We believe that Toroni Blue Sea hotel is ideal for everyone and we will definitely come back in future.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Hi, my name is Atanas Marinov and I come from Varna, Bulgaria. Reason that write this review is that I can't agree with Puffin D from Varna too, about previous review. Yes there is some problems, but for this time of year (low season) and for this price - 25euro I paid few days ago for double room is absoluttly acceptable.
The owners are very friendly and hotel is very good. I have been at this place many times include this September with my family and I was very satisfied at every one visit. Please don't pay attention at previous review. I'll go to the Blue Sea in couple of days again for one week long holiday and can recommend this place as one of the best in Halkidiki.

1  Thank Atanas M
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I know that what I write will be a disaster for owners,but it would be a shame if this wonderful place is ruining so.And so we were a group of tourists in Sofia and Varna group of fishermen from 9-man.room looked relatively clean except for the numerous patches of dead mosquitoes.and good over here .....I'll write about room 111,first shock came from the bathroom,shower hose was cracked and sprayed everywhere but not where I wanted,it was impossible to use soap because the water flowing from the shower was salt water .......second blow came from the bedroom - it turned out that there was only one she a blanket and the room slept two men .....month is November.....and finish air conditioning not working and if you think that's it - you're wrong.....all night a water pump is included and created an unearthly noise and had every night - five nights I had to look for a person Vasilis to stop this horror
kitchen was a mountain of dirty dishes plus a cat that walked the tables and stealing food from plates we did a lot of photos and send them to the owner if he was interested but the nightmare did not end here the official website price per room from 10.10 to 30.04 is € 24
but Vassilis said he had to pay a € 30 I requested an invoice for your stay but "man" Vasilis said no cash register and the cash register was to us in the restaurant after all we've been
through, just paid and left this horrible place what to say in the end, a terrible place if the owner is interested will send pictures and a list of people witnessed this

3  Thank Puffin D
Thanasis D, Manager at Toroni Blue Sea Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear customers,
With great sadness we note that this report has too many inaccuracies:

- Water is safe to use and drink in all hotel premises and is not sea water. We will gladly provide a certification from local authorities.
- The noise problem is solved at the first day of accommodation and didn’t noticed again.
- Each double bedroom has a double blanket. Should any customer request for extra blankets we will gladly provide them. In this case no such request was ever made.
- The air conditioning is working properly in all rooms, and stops only when you open the room windows
-The hotel restaurant is not in operation in November. No charges for breakfast/ lunch/dinner are included in the room rate. The particular customers were aware of this fact. Furthermore the hotel management gave customers the permission to use the kitchen in order for them to cook their own fish and prepare their own lunches with no extra charge. Also we want to mention that the hotel offered free drinks to these customers in some days.
- Customers know the charge per person before arrival. Moreover, the price quoted in the website is for winter 2011.
- Cash receipts are given during check-out by the hotel owner.

We regret that we are forced to respond in such a way, but we believe that constructive criticism is correct when based only on true facts.

Hotel Management
Toroni Blue Sea Hotel & Spa
63072, Halkidiki, Greece

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toroni
Hotel Despotiko
Acrotel Athena Pallas Village
Porto Carras - Meliton
Porto Carras - Meliton
#1 of 8 in Neos Marmaras

Been to Toroni Blue Sea Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!