At the beginning I have to say that we stayed in this luxurious hotel instead of Santa Marina Hotel which was full at that time (late June 2011). Because both two hotels have the same owner our travel agency offered to us this possibility.
Cavo Spada hotel is large new hotel located 18 kms west of Chania town in Rapaniana village. Besides of common facilities hotel is equipped with a wellness and spa inner pool and two large conference rooms. There are 3 kinds of room in the main building. Luxurious rooms with its own pools, medium-level rooms with a patio by a large swimming pool and rooms with a patio towards a garden. We stayed at a room No. 310 with a view of garden. The room is very spacious – it consists of an anteroom with wardrobes, a main room, a second room with two beds for children and a bathroom with a bathtub, a showerbath and WC. Due to a higher standard there is not a refrigerator in the room but a minibar only so we had to take all expensive bottles out to be able to cool our cheap bottles of water before a trip.The room was clean and towels were changed everyday. There are three disadvantages of this room. The first – there is a central bathroom ventilation in the hotel. The ventilation starts several times a day for an hour and produces a vociferous noise – unfortunately even at night about 3 AM. The second – chambermaids and waiters use trolleys with noisy wheels, also even at night. And the third – a billiards is placed next to the room. If you want to sleep after a wholeday trip you have to listen to a noisy revelry and billiard balls falling on a stone floor just behind your head.
A meal in a hotel restaurant is very good – by my opinion. By my wife´s opinion meat is too tough. You can choose from plenty of sallads, main courses, ice creams and desserts. You should check wine glasses on tables because they often are not clean. Breakfast and dinner time takes almost 3 hours so you have a time enought for eating without a hurry.
The main swimming pool is large enough for real swimming. You can use sunbeds at the garden or at the beach but I recommend to take it in the morning – when you come back from a trip at noon all sunbeds are occupied. The beach (30 meters from the pool) is clear and nice with pebbles, the seabed is steep – nice for adults but worse for children.
The hotel lies two hundred meters from Rapaniana village. On the contrary to Platanias or Kato Gouves where you can find many tavernas and shops Rapaniana is a typical sleepy Greek quite village with two tavernas and two small supermarkets – nothing more. If you preffer entartainment and doing the shopping you have to go by taxi to a more eventful place.
By my opinion Cavo Spada hotel is a nice place where you can spend a beautiful time – if you are rich enough. But it is not the best Cretan hotel as travel guides say – definitely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is located 18kms west of the picturesque city of Chania. Its location combines in a unique way the beauty and tranquility of the Cretan Archipelagos with the unsurpassed charm of the famous Old Venetian town which is only a short drive away. Positioned on the west side of the Gulf of Chania, the hotel is built on a long stretch of beach, offering magnificent view of the Gulf of Chania and of Cape Spada. The latter is a spectacular rocky cape after which our hotel was named. The hotel is spread over a 65,000 m2 private property, hence offering ample space for all the guests to enjoy their holidays in one of the 150 rooms that the hotel has to offer. Being part of one of the oldest and most respected hotel companies of Chania, the Giannoulis Hotels & Resorts, Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is the epitome of our experience in providing holidays of unprecedented quality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavo Spada Luxury Hotel Chania Town
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort And Spa
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa Crete/Kolymbari, Chania