We spent last week at the Cavo Spada - unfortunately they didnt have room for us for the first night (even though we had booked) and put us up at their sister hotel (Santa Marina Plaza) for the first night. This was a bit of a disappointing as we couldnt settle straight in, but we got a good room in a great little hotel on a lovely sandy beach.
When we arrived at the Cavo Spada we'd been upgraded to Ultra All inclusive (lots of extras, including 30 min free spa treatment, most drinks, 2 a la carte meals (in the pool cafe and Italian restaurant) and were very pleased to find we'd been allocated a room next to the pool. It definitely made up for the small inconvenience of the change after the first night.
We found the staff to be really helpful, there was plenty of choice in the main restaurant and it was ok considering the scale and variety of tastes that were covered - what you'd expect really. We managed to find something we liked most days and it was great that there were snacks available throughout the day at the pool bar so you didnt feel it necessary to go up to the main restaurant during the day.
I took advantage of the free massage which was lovely, and we enjoyed our la carte in the pool cafe (yes it was a limited menu - but very good). We also ate in the Italian on our last evening, all very well presented but a little disappointing, my husband made the wrong choices (squid - chewy, and beef - chewy) but mine were ok (risotto and chicken) - and the puddings were the highlight of the night.
The beach.... was a little disappointing after the lovely sandy beach further along the coast, it was very stony, but the bonus was that as you were off the beaten track you werent bothered by the hawkers offering massages and watches etc as we were on our first day. You still get the lovely views, no sand in your shoes and plenty of sunbeds. Getting into the sea is a challenge, you definitely need beach shoes, the ones which you can wear into the sea.
The weather unfortunately changed towards the end of the week but it didnt spoil the holiday - there is a regular (and cheap) bus service from just up the road from the hotel into Chania which is definitely worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is located 18kms west of the picturesque city of Chania. Its location combines in a unique way the beauty and tranquility of the Cretan Archipelagos with the unsurpassed charm of the famous Old Venetian town which is only a short drive away. Positioned on the west side of the Gulf of Chania, the hotel is built on a long stretch of beach, offering magnificent view of the Gulf of Chania and of Cape Spada. The latter is a spectacular rocky cape after which our hotel was named. The hotel is spread over a 65,000 m2 private property, hence offering ample space for all the guests to enjoy their holidays in one of the 150 rooms that the hotel has to offer. Being part of one of the oldest and most respected hotel companies of Chania, the Giannoulis Hotels & Resorts, Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is the epitome of our experience in providing holidays of unprecedented quality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavo Spada Luxury Hotel Chania Town
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort And Spa
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa Crete/Kolymbari, Chania