We've just returned from a week at the Alonia apartments, staying in a 4 bed apartment overlooking the pool, and wanted to pass on some feedback:
The good points:
The apartment was very spacious and spotlessly clean & was cleaned regularly including fresh bedding & towels.
The owner & bar lady were friendly, but we didn't really see all that much of them.
The pool & bar area were clean & well maintained.
The so-so points
The location is not great unless you have a car. The nearest taverna, (Esperides - the best in our experience), is a short walk along a very uneven & rather scruffy pavement.
There kitchen is very small & basic, but this tends to be the norm for Greece. A few more glasses/utensils would have been more useful than the portable tv in the bedroom.
The beds were very hard, but this is a personal preference.
The bad points:
The NOISE! The music from the bar started up at about 8am & stayed on until at least 11:30pm every day, getting much louder in the evening. A couple of nights there were what sounded like family parties going on, which lasted until well after 1am. These included teenagers in the pool & playing ball games, also until 1am! We were amazed that the owner could be so inconsiderate as no effort was made to keep the noise down for paying guests.
The a/c is an extra charge, which is unfortunate if you can't have your windows open due to the NOISE!
The Alonia apartments were really nice & well maintained, and I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending them wholeheartedly if it wasn't for the noise from the bar. I'm sure that the apartments at the front wouldn't hear anything at all, but the ones at the back definitely would, so if you like going to sleep before 1am every night, avoid the "inland view".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alonia apartments allocates swimming-pool and reception while the personnel speaks fluently the English and Italian language. Twelve from the apartments they have view the sea while four from them they have view in the swimming-pool. Alonia apartments is a familial enterprise and your accommodation there, you will make to feel as at home. In small distance from the apartments they are Bars, Cafe, restaurants and Supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Alonia Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alonia Apartments Kolymbari
- Alonia Apartments Hotel Kolymbari
- Alonia Apartments Crete/Kolymbari, Chania