We stayed there this October (2006). Our room was sweet, as is Naxos, but we had problems with the hotel and, worst of all, there was no management around to respond to our leggitimate concerns.
Just two staff members were working the whole weekend, a cook and a bell-hop\waiter. Internet wasn't working, nor was our room phone. We couldn't have a wake-up call for our early departure day-tour of the island. Forty per cent of the menu items were unavailable, including most Greek dishes. We could get 4 different kinds of schnitzel, but we are Canadian and didn't come to Greece for German food. What dishes we had were of poor quality, our poorest meals in 2 1/2 weeks in Greece (Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini, Athens).
The hotel had no shuttle bus and is a 45-minute walk to town (we found out!) , so we really didn't have an option but to eat supper at the hotel or we had to go into town and back by taxi (20 Euros).
Sure, the hotel was scheduled to close for the season some time after we left, but they shouldn't have accepted guests if they weren't prepared to offer services we paid for. This is not acceptable for a Class "A" (their version of Five Star) hotel.
I don't think management gets it yet. There was nobody we could complain to and, when we did on the Monday (day 3), the desk staff wouldn't (or weren't allowed to) compensate us. And they wouldn't accept our American Express travellers' cheques in Euros, a final insult.
Craig and Diane
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The endless seaside and the crystal waters is just one of the wonderful sightseeing of Naxos. In one of the amphitheatrically regions of Naxos, on the hill of Stelida, is Naxos Magic Village, with the wonderfull view to the Port of the island, the Venetian Castle which stands on the top of Chora for many centuries, as well as the impressive temple of Apollo, known as Portara. The view during the sunset is really unique. Our Hotel can cover all your needs and is ideal for couples for a romantic gateway and Families since we have a playground for our little guests so they can have their dreamy vacation. All our rooms have a balcony or veranda with pool/Town/Garden or Sea View, Air-Condition, cable TV, telephone, kitchenette, refrigerator,hairdryer,safe, private bathroom with showers and Free Wifi in all the property and rooms. Our professional staff is ready to answer all the queistions regarding the island and our Hotel by providing you maps and suggest the best solutions to make your vacation easy and comfortable. We are looking forward to welcome you in our Hotel Naxos Magic Village operating by New Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Naxos Magic Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naxos Beach 2 Hotel Stelida
- Naxos Beach 2 Stelida
- Naxos Magic Village Greece