We stayed in Villa Marandi Junior Suite for 4 nights (May '09). Villa Marandi is a charming little hotel that has a lot of things going for it, but has some areas for improvement as well. Lets start with the good first: The grounds are very nice and the staff very helpful. The hotel is kept clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Christos at the front desk is just the nicest gentleman and really did his best to see that we had a nice trip and visit to Naxos. He made the hotel worth staying at. Vangelis, the chef is also very nice and a fantastic cook. He made us whatever we wanted for dinner and even breakfast and it was like having a personal chef whenever we needed him. We ate 2 nights at the hotel and 2 nights at a good restaurant called Mezze 2 in the main town. Stella at the front desk was able to recommend some nice beaches, tavernas and places for us to visit. It was nice having this 'local knowledge' of the island. The location is mediocre, it is fairly off the beaten track and about a 5-10 minute drive from the main town of Hora, but close to the west coast beaches. The view from our balcony of Hora was really nice and the room seemed clean and decorated nicely. Here is what we didn't like: The shower was very tiny and it was annoying that it seemed like the shower curtain was just on top of you. There was also not counter space. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The DVD player in the room didn't work. You can only eat outside. I know it is out of their control but the mosquitoes were horrendous. We must have received 50 bites each, and then we accidently opened our balcony door at night an at least 200 mosquitoes got into our room. If you dine at the hotel, you can only sit outside, so having all these mosquitos made it difficult to enjoy dinner. The beach at Villa Marandi is not nice, except maybe for walking, so don't expect a beachfront type hotel. Naxos itself is a spectacular island with so many hidden treasures and beautiful beaches (ask Stella about the really secluded beach/bay at the southern end of the island near the abandoned hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Marandi Suites, is a luxury boutique hotel, offering 16 magnificent suites, set on a beautiful beach in the Stelida area, just 5 km from the town of Naxos. It is the ideal destination for the discerning travelers, who seek a tranquil and high quality place for their vacation. It is an excellent choice for families, as well as for honeymooners and romance seeking travelers. Being centrally located, one can not only enjoy the best beaches of the island, but also explore the beautiful nature and learn the history of Naxos. Villa Marandi Suites "your home away from home..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Atrapalo, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L. and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Marandi Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Marandi Hotel Stelida
- Marandi Hotel Naxos City
- Villa Marandi Luxury Suites Naxos, Greece