“Lovely hotel, met all expectations. Great food and great service.”

Villa Marandi Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stelida
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, met all expectations. Great food and great service.”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Villa Marandi. On arrival we were immediately made to feel most welcome from the owner George. It felt more like arriving at somebody's beautiful home, than a hotel.
We were upgraded to a junior suite which was a nice surprise but we were also shown the superior double we had booked and it too was a very nice room. The restaurant was lovely with an excellent chef who was always happy to talk about his dishes, ingredients etc. As a result we ate there every evening. Breakfasts were also delicious. All the staff were wonderful. We would happily return to Villa Mirandi.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greece1958

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Greek first
avon
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My wife and our 24 year old daughter just spent 5 nights there. The staff there was kind, helpful, hard working, thoughtful and very professional. The facility was nothing short of perfect. Our rooms were nicely appointed and immaculate. As some people have mentioned the beach there is really not “swimable” because it is rocky. You are better off driving 10 minutes to Plaka beach. I strongly suggest you rent a car while in Naxos. It is quiet and secluded and only a short drive to town or the beach. We loved the location.

The food there was the best we had in Naxos, and we ate out so we were able to compare. On our last night there we asked the chef to prepare a “feast”. He certainly did and we loved it. Our hats are off to everyone who works there.

1 Thank chuckk5
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 June 2010

George and his entire staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. The hotel is beautifully arranged with a lovely flower filled outdoor eating area, bar and pool. The rooms were very large and comfortably furnished. The location is very convenient---close to town yet private. We were very happy with our choice, The place is a hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Billings, MT
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We stayed at Villa Marandi for four nights in May 2010. I searched trip advisor for months and corresponded with a lot of hotels to find just the right one. VM always responded to my emails very quickly and proved to be friendly, sincere, professional and efficient before, during and after our trip!
We came in from Santorini one day late due to a ferry strike. I didn't have access to email, but I was able to write to VM through their website. They got all my emails and made the necessary changes to my car rental, room, and transfers without any problem.

One nice little perk was the internet computer. They have wireless, but I couldn't hook my computer to it. VM offers a laptop that sits on the outdoor bar for guest use anytime. I was SO grateful for this after having paid for internet everywhere else I went.
Another perk was the morning breakfast. Loved it! It was great to come down and see the other guests and have a wonderful, hot breakfast.
The staff was always available for whatever I needed. They had a friendly professionalism about them that I only experienced one other time in Athens at our hotel. It makes you feel as though you are the only one at the hotel and your needs are their needs! My husband lost his wallet on the day we left for Spain. We were unable to go back to the hotel and look for it, but the hotel staff were very helpful in looking and maintaining contact with me to help handle the situation.
I have no suggestions to improve this hotel or nothing that I wish it would have had. it was great, and I hope the next traveler also enjoys their stay! (OH! Be sure to check out the amazing shower!)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Pros: OUTSTANDING service, BEAUTIFUL setting. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff, great rooms, and overall scenery. So relaxing.

Cons: The "beach," while very private, is rather rocky and has a lot of seaweed and debris. We drove (if you stay here, you should rent a car, at least for a few days) to nearby beaches (5-10 min drive) for beaches and late lunches; easy drive.

This is honestly the most perfect hotel if you want outstanding service, privacy, and don't mind driving a few minutes to the beach.

Danville, California
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My husband and I recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at Villa Marandi. The studios are lovely and have character, something you don't find everywhere. The ambiance....the staff....the owner...the location...the food...the value!! It has already been said many times below so I can only re-iterate those sentiments. Everything was perfect. We ate dinner there every night. What great food in a cozy outdoor setting! Yes, I would go back!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VagabundaLoca
Northern Kentucky
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Villa Marandi was not just our favorite hotel on our Greek Island vacation--it might just be our all-time favorite hotel. Actually, it's more accurate to describe it as a "villa" than a "hotel" because it is so charming and unique. Everything about Villa Marandi is special--from the small private beach, to the gorgeous landscaping, to the large and clean pool, to the tastefully appointed rooms, to the cozy reception area, to the fun tiki bar, to the lovely outdoor dining patio, to the....well, you get the idea. We loved the villa's yellow and blue starfish theme so much that we purchased two VM-monogrammed beach towels and use them here at home to remind us of our wonderful stay at Villa Marandi.

But I have yet to mention the best part of this marvelous hotel: The amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Starting with George the owner and continuing with Stella, Anna, and Elena, we were waited on hand and foot from the moment we arrived. And no one served us more or better than chef Vangelis, who shopped for and cooked meals specially for us. We were dumbfounded when we saw guests leave for dinner at restaurants in Naxos town because there was no finer food anywhere on the island.

A couple of quick observations: If you're looking for nightlife and action, this isn't the place for you. Villa Marandi is a few miles out of town and a bit isolated (in a good way), and toward that end we highly recommend renting a car to get to and from town, and also for touring the island (which we thoroughly enjoyed). Also, we strongly recommend having lunch at Paradiso, where we dined under a tree right on the beach (Stella can give you directions--it's only a couple of miles from the hotel).

In case you missed it, Villa Marandi rocks. It has my highest recommendation.

1 Thank docproc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stelida
Naxian Collection
Hotel Grotta
Hotel Grotta
#1 of 58 in Naxos Town
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,148 reviews

Been to Villa Marandi Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!