“The absolutely BEST chocolate dessert experience ever.”
Review of The Blue Door Country Bistro - CLOSED

The Blue Door Country Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Blue Door is one of Greyton's finer restaurants. Situated in the picturesque village of Greyton, this restaurant is typically country with a fine dining twist. Serving seasonal dishes from local producers. The decor is a vintage country style which suits the setting and style of this restaurant. Once in Greyton this dining experience is a must!
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had an excellent meal at the upmarket Blue Door topped off by the yummiest dessert we have ever had.
The service was excellent but to be expected as it was a midweek night and not busy.
Whenever we visit Greyton we will definitely be making a stop here.

2  Thank Annalie B
There are newer reviews for The Blue Door Country Bistro

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Blue Door in Greyton is a really comfy restaurant that deserves a visit. As well as their normal menu they also have a very reasonable Thursday night Pasta special at about R 65. The two dinning rooms are charming and full of antiques. In the summer the wide verandah will also be a place to sit and sip and eat. Botha street is just Main St but well worth seeking out. Just go, you wont be dissappointed with the food or the bill. Remember to take your own wine as the licence is awaited.

1  Thank scousemanWesternCape
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Werner and his team provided us with two evenings of fine dining in an intimate and lovely venue. Well worth more than one visit!

1  Thank FrancoisSouthAfrica
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Liz and Hendrick booked us in for dinner at the Blue Door and they raved about the food, experience and Werner and Elsabe who own the restaurant. We were warned in advance that they were not licensed yet to sell alcohol so we brought a nice bottle along with us, which may be an inconvenience for some but considering that Greyton is a weekend and overnight destination we had no problem. Well, we were the first patrons in for dinner and were immediately wowed by the wonderful decor, atmosphere and the warmth of Werner and Elsabe who took the time to get to know us a bit, without being intrusive, yet genuine which in many a restaurant is a rare event these days. We were seated in a fantastic room in what was a wonderful 18th century house reminiscent of the early farming communities in the Overberg region. The menu was short yet focused on a range of signature dishes rather than a quantity of choices, which really worked for my mother and myself. To my delight I found a straightforward hamburger dish, which I was later to find out was one their signature dishes. Between the quality of the karoo lamb, caramelised onion, a fresh yet tangy roll and gourmet chips (sweet potato) and salad it was hands down the best hamburger I have had in my 39 years or so, including travel internationally in the states and Europe. We did skip on dessert due to the pressure to head back to watch a game of rugby at the Lodge, but that meal and the company of the hosts Werner and Elsabe was outstanding. I will definitely return and will bring my other half with me to sample their amazing food.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a pre-birthday dinner for one of our friends - a beautiful welcoming atmosphere - the food was delicious - especially the cookies and milk dessert, my lamb burger was just what was needed after a long day of travelling - fabulous. The lack of a liquor licence suited us - we could take our own wine, hosts were very friendly - we all had a great evening.