“Paradise”

Alkyon Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vrachati
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very close to athens and yet very realaxing and elegant place, with frieandly staff
Our first visit there was 2004 and since then we visit the hotel at list 6 times a year.
We hope that will be your paradice too!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NASSOSAK
There are newer reviews for Alkyon Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Visited this hotel with a big group and everyone absolutely loved it! The check in process was really smooth, and we were helped with with our luggage to our room. The Lobby area, is huge and the building is very new.

The rooms are spacious but quiet old, the toilets are spacious as well but old too. The food in the hotel is great there is a buffet in the main building for BF, Lunch and Dinner, with huge variety and everything is tasty.

There are 3 pools at the hotel, 1 indoor and 2 out door, 1 of which is huge and has a very nice bar, although on Sunday it was full of people so i would stay clear.

The staff were all very helpful, and always there to offer their service which helped mak our stay easy and fun.

If they renovate the rooms, this would definitely live up to its 5 starstatus and would be an absolute great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The safety measures are terrible. A child -or a grown up for that matter- can easily slide from the floor next to the indoor swimming pool, and end up on the basement, next to the smallest swimming pool in the basement.. The possibility of a fatal accident is very high.

The same goes for the indoor stairs in the building we were staying. Children can easily slip through the stairs and find themselves easily killed, as there is no protection on the right side of the stairs..

We were there with a very large group 2 weeks before Christmas of 2013, during what it clearly was low season.. Personnel was evidently not happy with our presence, they are clearly poorly trained... Management reserved for themselves the best table in the Restaurant on a Saturday evening. Talking about "tone at the top".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 178618e61ksdjldkjqld
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked this hotel in May and had problems right off the bat. The website reset my booking date to the day I booked it instead of my requested date of July 12th. I received an email the next day saying that I did not arrive and my fee was going to be charged. I called to explain that there must had been a mistake, but they declined the refund, but said they could rebook it for the date I wanted. On our trip, I had planned for my family to be traveling Greece and staying in 4 star hotels. I decided to treat my wife and kids to one night at a 5 star. The booking was for 240€ for one night on July 12, 2014. We arrived late, but I called them several times to let them know we had been delayed due to rental car issues and driving to an unfamiliar place. When we arrived were we're not greeted well, in fact we were asked several times if we had a reservation because they were full with a wedding party. There was no parking available and I was asked to park outside of the complex on the street, so the bride and groom could arrive - not "hello welcome to our hotel." Not a 5 star welcome. We were rushed through check-in and the bell-boys (dressed like common kids) tried to show us to our room, but they couldn't find it. We were given room 211. The complex in front is nice and new, with the spa section. This town is a long drive from the national road along the beach and a short distance in front of the beach. The complex in the back is the old hotel, which has room blocks of 400, 200, and others I didn't note. It seems they have purchased apartment buildings surrounding their nicer front section and turned the streets in between them into part of their complex, where they have a grassy area, large walking area, kids playground, etc. The reason why they could not find our room was because it was on the back side of one building, under some stairs on the ground floor, in an unlighted area. These are decently size apartments, but are dirty and need repair. We had problems with spiders, broken drains (bathroom floor), cracked wood doors, cheap plastic door handles, no key to the free safe, broken electrical outlet, broken vents on the a/c, etc. The doors were made of thin wood and we had a broken security chain inside the door, so we couldn't even lock the door properly. The room key comes with a standard large metal keychain which you put into a slot once inside to turn on the electricity to the room. We tried to turn the key inside the room to lock the door, but without light it is hard to do. The beds were all single beds pushed together to make a double bed and were either rock hard or sagging from so much use. There was only one small tv in the living room and nothing but closets in the master bedroom. One bathroom with a full bathtub and shower-head attached to a hose, which didn't fit the holster to be able to take a shower without holding it. The hair dryer was something from 1950 with a large hose and a vacuum-like attachment - it worked, but was dirty. Wifi was free but only available in the reception. We could also hear people speaking in the apartment above us and when we also heard when they flushed their toilets or took a shower. Every once in a while the kitchen sink would squirt out some water for some unknown reason. We kept trying to close it, but it kept doing it all night. Not exactly 5 star quality.....There was no paper, letterhead or stationary in the room at all, except one feedback form, which only had two lines to add comments. They wanted a 10€ deposit for each towel to take to the pool. We asked for a late check-out and they gave us until 3pm, however, the maid came in the room at 11:30am anyway when we were changing. Didn't seem like 5 star communication there, either.

The service was horrible. Our package included, dinner, breakfast, and lunch. We sat down in the main eating area and went out our way to make eye contact with the waiters/waitresses. We had to get our own silverware and ask for someone to bring our drinks. The first evening we arrived late and they had a wedding party, so we though we could let them go on that one, however, the breakfast and lunch were exactly the same. I even took my empty water bottle and waived it in the air for someone to notice. When that did not work, I stood up and walked to the center of the room, next to the main bar and did the same thing. The Greek families eating noticed me and were getting a chuckle out of how obvious I was and how rudely I was ignored. I noticed the seats were regular cheap seats covered with white cloth to make them look fancy, but they neglected to clean the white covers so all the stains from prior people were on them. So I decided for the money I was paying there was no way on God's green earth that this was 5 star - either in service or the facility. The food was good quality in a buffet style, but the choices were far less than any of the 4 star places we had stayed. The coffee was instant from the buffet, from a sort of small vending machine. The so-called fresh orange juice was fresh, but so watered down you could see through it. The spa was nice when we looked at it but they wanted 10 € per person just to sit in the area and they didn't allow children under 17. The spa facility was no better than the 4 star places we stayed at, either. The main pool area was designed well, with a kids pool and jacuzzi, next to the coffee bar. This was the only place a server even talked to us, and so we decided to buy a coca cola for 2.5 euros. The pool had some garbage and leaves in it as well and was way over-crowded. There were many families there, and were mostly Greek, so it seems like this might be a good, popular, local place. OK considering the wedding party, I get that it was crowded, but when I have to clean stuff out of the pool so my kids aren't playing in it-then is this 5 star? I couldn't leave the place quick enough, and my only thought was how much the owner must have bribed the Greek officials to get the 5 star rating as indicated on the back of the door (officially recognized as 5 star from the Hellenic touristic board). The price was also confirmed at 240€ during the peak season. To make my confirmation complete that this facility is much less than 5 star, I complained to the head waiter. He said he was surprised that we had poor service and that he had good people. They were nice once we got their attention, but not very well trained and it seemed that when we did catch their eyes those ones didn't want to work and get us our silverware or drinks. He confirmed that room 211 was not the nicest room they had, but thought we were paying a lesser rate. I then spoke to the lady at the reception. I said that this facility, service, and our experience was nothing close to 5 star. She didn't offer an apology - she just said that she was only the clerk and I needed to write my feedback so the owner could read it and she agreed with me that the facility was not 5 star. By the way, the person in front of me in line and behind me also were complaining, so I know she had a pretty bad day and it wasn't just me that thought this was way below standard. I really felt lied to and cheated compared to what was advertised versus what I paid.

Room Tip: Only stay in the front portion of the hotel, which is the newest. All other buildings on this comple...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JonL123456
Taiyeti1187776, Διευθυντής Πωλήσεων at Alkyon Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We wish to thank you for your comments during your recent visit with us.
We sincerely regret the fact that you were not satisfied with our services. Your comments regarding your arrival and the restaurant are noted and forwarded to the relevant departments for further investigation.
Our company is committed to providing our guests with the high quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret to fell short of our goal in this instance.
With regard to your comments about your room kindly note that while Alkyon is developing plans to implement depth renovation of the apartments, the hotel undergoes a continuous maintenance program of all rooms and our housekeeping keep the standards high.
Concerning your booking mistake to the reservation system, we helped you to cancel the non-show accommodation in May and offered you the possibility to postpone your reservation to July covering the amount you paid for May reservation (no show cancellation policy is based to global hotel policy). Also we offered you a better package rate adjusted to your needs and late departure without charge.
We appreciate the time offered to provide us with your comments. I would be more than happy to personally handle your next reservation in order to be given the chance to offer you the type of services the Alkyon is known for.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

we visit this hotel the previous weekend. It;s a big hotel but you feel like you are α welcome member of a family. the personel is always there to help you and accomodate you always with a smile. the room in the new wing was perfect. the facilities (pool/restaurants/bar) lovely especially the food was grate. and for the end one of the most perfect SPA I EVER VISIT. it is a good choice not only for caples but for families too. I will visit again definitely

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new wing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancy c
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Placed just 200 m from the beach, convenient for summer vacations, but the surroundings in Vrachati are dirty and not av nice as the hotel. The staff are nice, but in the restaurant they won't let you finish your plate before pulling it of the table.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Quite good resort in which I've lodged a week ago. I have been here only for two days but I've experienced the covered pool, which I appreciated. Very good quality of food and cozy rooms both the wide ones and the tight ones

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vrachati
Wyndham Loutraki Poseidon Resort
Kalamaki Beach Hotel
Kalamaki Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Isthmia
Sikyon Coast Hotel & Resort

Been to Alkyon Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!