“A wonderful Experience!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Whist on holiday in Stanford we were fortunate to secure a reservation at Mariana's. What a delightful experience...charming hospitality...exquisite food...great atmosphere...nog al!
We highly recommend this luncheon venue to any one visiting Stanford...but do book well ahead!

Dale and Yvonne Hillary.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

From the minute Peter welcomed us I knew we were in for a treat. My husband had taken me to Mariana's for my birthday and it was a memorable lunch. Stunning, delicious food (I didn't know sweetcorn could taste that good) and a perfect setting. After lunch Mariana chatted to us in the kitchen which was the perfect end note. I wish this restaurant was not 6000 miles away!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great spot for tasty, locally sourced, home-style food. It's tiny though, so book ahead. And definitely come hungry. home grown and sourced produce. if you want a table BOOK early.... they are extremely popular and only open for lunch on the weekends and peak holiday season.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I unreservedly recommend this restaurant.

You definitely need to book and you will not be disappointed. I have been wanting to go there for years after having read so many great reviews and the experience exceeded expectations.

We spent the weekend in Stanford and tried to book a table during the previous week, however they were fully booked but promised to let us know if there was a cancellation, which in most restaurant speak means they will never phone you. Thankfully there was a cancellation and we were told to arrive anytime from twelve. No formalities.

The restaurant is small and cosy with lots of atmosphere and a lovely large vegetable garden at the back, which is used in almost all of the dishes. The wine list has a great selection from the area and we were very pleased to find a lovely pinot noir from Creation.

Mariana and Peter, the owners, are a slick oiled machine. Mariana is in the kitchen creating her country fare masterpieces and Peter is out in front ensuring the patron's every need is attended to. You are made to feel very special and the overall experience is a really great one.

The food was beautiful. I had a delicious sweet potato soup (from the garden) flavored with curry and coconut milk as a starter, an absolutely sensational springbok pie and quince chutney for mains (the springbok was meltingly tender and packed with flavour) and a lovely crime brûlée for dessert.

They are closed from today until sometime in September and I hope to be one of their first customers soon after they reopen!

Thank you very much Mariana and Peter.

1  Thank SSmalberger
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say that has not been said before. This is an excellent little restaurant that serves local produce cooked with love and flair.