“Lively, fun, entertaining, tasty and attentive what more can I say.”
Review of Ilias Taverna - CLOSED

Ilias Taverna
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We were on Honeymoon and were here to enjoy the food drink and relax. We did decide that we would take notes on the places we ate so we could write reviews when we got back. So gave scores out of five for each element.
We used the price of a 500ml bottle of Amstel as our benchmark for comparison of prices at a glance.
Amstel here was €3 so better then average 4/5.
Portion size was good 4/5 we didn't need any more.
Service we gave 5/5 the owner was loud, lively and fun and kept everyone entertained.
Toilets (always a concern in Greece) this was the only letdown as they were below standard, could do with a clean and a lock on the door 2/5.
Quality of food 4.5/5 it was excellent I actually think I would book another holiday back to the island just to try the lamb it was so tasty I have never had better. The Swordfish was so fresh it was almost wiggling.
Chairs, we like comfy chairs (not kitchen chairs that make you want to leave asap) here they were kitchen chair type but they had cushions so get 2.5/5.
General, an absolute gem of a place and even though individual elements didn't get top marks I have given the overall marks as Excellent. On our first night it was raining the owner offered lifts back to peoples hotels in his own car! He was at points dancing and on the weekend nights got my wife up dancing and smashing plates. They invited us too their son's 27th birthday and plied us with wine. We did not realise that they did not take credit cards and when we discovered this they insisted that we did not worry and just paid the next day. All in all a place not to miss, it really helped make our holiday.

5  Thank Peter25001

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Located on the pavement by the road along the sea in to the Skopelos town it really is a special atmosphere, sitting there through sunset until it turns dark in the light of the lanterns. The owner is an institution in town, a lovely guy! Earlier he used to run a restaurant up in the middle of the town, and the we always ate at is place ther underneath the big tree. He is always greeting passing people so cheerfully and friendly either you stop at his reataurant or not.
The food is fantastic!! Greek an simple, but there is something special with the tastes, and his grill is acknowledged.
This year I tried ot the fish of the day (red mullet?) and the gyros. Both were delicious!!
Look forward to next year and next time we wisit!

4  Thank xiv
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We ate here twice and the food was very good except for the pork souvlaki. There was nothing wrong with it except that it was belly pork and tough. Also, for the money paid I would have expected proper chunks of pork not belly pork. The chicken souvlaki was superb and just as I would have expected. On our second visit I chose chicken fillet which was beautifully cooked and we also had a pork chop which again was absolutely fine. It is a bit pricey for what it is though.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

A family run taverna. Tables by the waterfront, or across the road. Good wholesome food.....and not expensive. Close to the Hotel Aeolos.

1  Thank winstonSheffield
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ilias & Yannis are great hosts and no matter what time of day you walk past they are always there with a greeting and a wave.
Food typical Greek but very tasty and homemade.

1  Thank Jo A