“Superbly located for golfers”

Hotel Jardin Tecina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Deinze
“Superbly located for golfers”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

If you enjoy a week of golf with your friends during wintertime in a friendly climate (23°C) in a hotel with excellent food and superb service, go to this hotel with a golf where you see the sea from every hole and you play downhill all the time. Simply the best

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank RonnyRDeinze
Hotel_Jardin_Tecina, Community manager at Hotel Jardin Tecina, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to thanks for recommend our Hotel Jardin Tecina and for your very nice descripcion. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Jardin Tecina and Tecina Golf

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have enjoyed this resort on 5 occasions during the period since 1975. We rarely visit the same place repeatedly but this is, in our view, one of the worlds beautiful places. Standards have been maintained over the years. The views of the ocean and Santiago, from the cliff edge, never cease to please and the extensive grounds are lovely.
The range and quality of food, even in the buffet restaurant which has a chef who cooks to order, is excellent but the price of wine appears to have increased considerably since our last visit. The buffet at 10 euro is exceptional value for a 4 star establishment.
Playa de Santiago itself is showing some signs of development with a boutique jewellery / art establishment opening in one of the disused buildings. Also the remake of Moby Dick film was in progress which was interesting even if it did result in 150 of the cast and crew arriving at the Tecina. This did not help sleep quality on one night.
Overall another very pleasurable stay which we hope to repeat in a few years time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All of the cliff edge rooms have a wonderful view but do insist on upper floor (they are 2 storey) I...
1 Thank Cedric324
Dear guest

Many thanks for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed for a week in november 2013, very nice hotel and location with absolutely fabulous grounds, gomera is unspoilt and therefore still retains a nice spanish feel. Definitely ask for an upstairs room with a sea view. Felt that the mattress and pillows were on the hard side. Breakfast was good but there could have been more fresh fruit and fresh orange juice. An amazing selection of honeys though. Evening meals were just about OK but nothing outstanding and I guess in part that this is due to trying to cater for a lot of guests of different nationalities. Hired a car for a week from La Rueda who met us off the hi speed catamaran, everthing went very smoothly and roads around the island are good if twisty ! The laurel silva rainforest at the top is amazing, such a contrast to the rest of the island below it.
Defitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: go for a superior sea view room on the first floor ideally starting with a 3.
2 Thank PatrickW671
Hotel_Jardin_Tecina, Community manager at Hotel Jardin Tecina, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to thanks you for taking the time to comment on most aspects of your stay, we really appreciate your effort. We will take your advices into consideration. We will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After last year's exceptional stay for our wedding anniversary, this year we wanted to return for my b'day (yesterday). Unfortunately, you can't win all times so, to be fair, here follows what I wrote to their PR department.

Dear Sirs,
I want to express my strongest complaint about the treatment I received yesterday afternoon in your Jardin Tecina. Never in my life, in a 4-star hotel in any part of the world, I've been treated in such and unpolite and amateurial way. These the antefacts and facts:

Based on last year's highly positive experience, which I dutifully reported on the Trivago site, this year my wife and I decided to return, extending the stay to two days.
As usual, I reserved (about a couple of months ago) both ferry and room through my long time trusted agency Canarias.com, specifying that, as usual, I wanted a room for disabled people and sea view, your Superior room.

Mrs. Rodriguez of Canarias.com assures me that, speaking with your persons there, she had even requested the same room I had last year. Anyway, I received a confirmation of booking for a Superior room (i.e. sea view) fitted for disabled and, early in advance on my arrival, I also paid for it.

We arrived yesterday afternoon and, with no information at all, were sent to a room 17, fitted for disabled that, apart from the stink of fresh varnish, was everything but a Superior.
I immediately went back to the reception to report the fact and there, after browsing some papers, they discovered I had reserved a Superior, not a Standard one.

It appeared that all the sea-view Superiors, fitted for disabled, had been already assigned to other guests, so that the best proposal they could me do was to let me have that Standard room refunding me the difference with the Superior. How lavish of them...

I insisted on the fact that I had the right to a Superior or, as alternative, that they checked whether there was already a departure from San Sebastian back to Tenerife where I live. I was told to wait 10 minutes in the previous room, while they arranged a room that, apparently, they had found.

I decided instead to wait in the reception, wondering where from they could dig out or even build a room if no room they said were available. To make it short, we've been left half an hour hanging in the reception, with my wife in her wheel-chair, without any hint of attention.

At 17:15, thinking there was an Olsen ferry departing at 19:00, we left the hotel and went to the harbour, only to discover that the last ferry had departed at 17:30.
Mind you: I had asked the reception to check this issue for me, and this time too I had got no answer at all from them. Did you ever teach your personnel to "Think Customer", first of all?

I wonder whether this is what a guest, even worse a disabled guest, must expect when booking in your hotel, a well-known 4-star, not a cheap tavern. The worst thing has been the complete ineptitude of your personnel to find a decent solution to the problem or being of help at all.

As I stated previously, their smartest proposal has been to let me have a Standard room at the price of a Standard room. Brilliant, indeed..., if I had trained my personnel this way, I would deserve to be immediately kicked off business.

Now, as I dutifully reported on Trivago last year (as requested by your personnel), I'll do the same this year.

Regards,

Arrigo de Angeli
Torviscas Bajo, Santa Cruz de Tenerife

10 Thank Arrigod-new
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had a very relaxing 3 nights stay at the Jardin Tecina. This beautiful hotel is set in a wonderful location on a cliff top with breathtaking views. The gardens surrounding the hotel are lovely and the three pools are really nice especially the one in Club Laurel which you access by going down a lift through the mountain (only accessed by guests) and you can also walk into the little town of Playa Santiago from here. Pool towels can be obtained from the pool until 6pm with cards given by the reception, a deposit of €10 per towel is held by the hotel on your account on arrival, then erased when the cards are given back at the end of your stay which we thought was a good idea. Sports facilities are on offer around the hotel including a lovely tennis and padel court, although we did not use this facility, it seemed very popular most days. We booked a Comfort room and although it was sufficient for what we needed we would have preferred to have booked a Superior room as the views were much nicer from these and they were better positioned. We went half board and the food was excellent, we dined in the International buffet for breakfast and sat out on the terrace which was lovely with views of the sea and the little town of Playa Santiago. We would recommend trying to sit out on the terrace for dinner but spaces are limited. We especially liked the homemade cakes for dessert and bread rolls that were on offer at dinner. We were very pleased with the free Wi-Fi around the hotel and it even could be accessed in our room, a code for this can be obtained from the reception. The evening entertainment was varied and we especially enjoyed the musical display from the island's residents and the lady beautifully playing the piano in the Kristina bar/lounge. The only downside was the drinks were very expensive in both the restaurant and bars. If you want to discover the island's beauty you will need to hire a car if you don't already have one and a visit to the National Park is a must! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the hotel for a nice relaxing break away to clear your mind and escape to a beautiful island. We would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Superior or Junior Room, high floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Han231
Dear Guest

We would like to thanks for recommend our Hotel Jardin Tecina and for your very nice descripcion. We love to work for ours guest and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel jardin Tecina

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel between the 26th October and 2 November and only have great things to say about it. We booked through the hotel and travelled there independently; we hired a car at TFS, booked the ferry online and it all went like clockwork. We had requested a superior sea view room on the first floor and that is exactly what we got - the most gorgeous view you can imagine. The pools are great and there are enough sun beds for everyone. We prepaid for the half board package and this worked well for us. Breakfast was fabulous with every choice you can imagine. Dinner was, as has been mentioned, a very extensive buffet but the fresh meat and fish changed every evening as did many of the dishes. Yes, it is a hotel buffet but if you want a la carte then you can visit the hotel restaurants and for a small supplement (about 6-7 euros pp) you can eat a la carte. Just check at reception which restaurants are open and when - it is not difficult to figure this out! More expensive dishes attracted a 25% discount if you were on a meal plan. Drinks are very reasonably priced as are the ice creams and sandwiches at the pool bar. We tended to eat out at lunch time - it is very easy to reach the village from the hotel as you simply take the elevator down the cliffs and walk a few hundred yards into Playa de Santiago. There is every sort of food there, from beach bars to a fabulous restaurant near the harbour (Junonia). Everywhere was spotless and we found everyone very friendly and helpful. As we had the car, we drove ourselves round the island and it really is as beautiful as everyone says; however if you suffer from severe vertigo, it might not be for you... The major roads are really excellent though and there are crash barriers along all the main roads so, although I have no head for heights, I was pretty relaxed. Weather was lovely and it was great fun watching all the preparations for the filming of "In the Heart of the Sea" which we think starts in Playa de Santiago this week. The only thing that visitors to the hotel should be aware of is that it is built on a number of levels and whilst you can avoid steps, you do have to walk quite a long way round to do so. We would like to thank everyone at the hotel for making our stay so lovely and we very much look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room on the first floor for wonderful sea views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J W
Dear Guest

We will send your thanks to the team and we want to thank you for the excellent description of our Hotel Jardín Tecina. We are pleased to read that our guests spent a wonderful stay in the magic island.

We would like to see you again soon.

Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This place is special. This was our fourth visit to paradise. Travel and transfers are always perfect with no problems. Accommodation is low rise and quite private. Very spacious around the pool areas with ample availability of sun beds and sun shades if required. Staff are fantastic and in our experience achieve the highest service levels possible.
Buffet food, especially breakfast, is really good with great choice. Unless you eat like a horse and drink like a fish "All Inclusive" does not seem to make sense here.
Most rooms have fantastic views of the coastline and Atlantic Ocean. The climate is wonderful and the Island of La Gomera offers wonderful walking opportunities for those who can drag themselves away from the fantastic sports and leisure facilities of Hotel Jardin Tecina.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David F
Hotel_Jardin_Tecina, Community manager at Hotel Jardin Tecina, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest

It is always lovely to read that a guest has enjoyed a blissful experience from the moment they entered in to the Hotel Jardin Tecina.
It's customers like you that inspire us to continue to provide excellent service and professional quality atention. It's always a pleasure working for you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de Santiago
Charco Del Conde
Charco Del Conde
#4 of 25 in Valle Gran Rey
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa

Been to Hotel Jardin Tecina? Share your experiences!