I had a wonderful trip to Formentera earlier this year. My boyfriend and I travelled to Ibiza from London, and stayed there for the weekend, enjoying the early season on the party island for a couple of days before taking the quick ferry over to Formentera. It's such a beautiful island, so peaceful and restorative, with amazing beaches. I'd been looking forward to a yoga retreat with the fantastic Jax May Lysycia for quite some time, having previously attended a yoga course with her in the UK, and the Gecko retreat was simply wonderful. I love her dynamic, balanced approach to yoga, with an emphasis on stillness and peace, on really connecting to yourself, and restoring balance. Jax always takes the time to be thorough, and to explain what she means, and the reasons for everything, and the history, which is great. It felt so luxurious to have so much time devoted to yoga! And yet the middle of the day was left free for relaxation or any other activities. I also loved the silent meditation walks on the beach at sunrise each morning, the delicious healthy food, and really nice relaxed company. My boyfriend stayed with me at Gecko but he did not do the yoga, so he was able to read a lot of books, go for walks and bike rides, and just relax. He joined us for all our meals and was still very much part of the group, as everyone was friendly and welcoming, which was very nice. Most people travelled alone, plus there were one or two pairs of friends, and a mother/daughter duo. Abilities were mixed, as were levels of dedication, which was quite refreshing! I would definitely recommend both Jax's yoga, wherever it may be, and also the Gecko Beach Club itself, which is beautiful, with wonderful, quiet service. Bikes can be hired, and massages booked. The weather in April was quite changeable, sometimes hot enough to sunbathe and swim but other times quite windy and almost chilly, so prepare for variety if you travel in the spring. This is a special place and I can't wait to go back. I definitely plan to return for some more of Jax's gloriously rejuvenating yoga. Namaste!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gecko Hotel & Beach Club is a boutique hotel situated on the magical island of Formentera, just meters away from the turquoise waters of Migjorn beach in the peaceful area of Ca-Marí. Its chic and modern design coupled with its idyllic ambience make Formentera's Gecko Hotel & Beach Club the perfect paradise to spend your vacation, sample the cuisine and enjoy a cocktail or to celebrate any type of special event such as weddings, parties, conferences or exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gecko Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gecko Beach Club Hotel Migjorn
- Gecko Beach Hotel
- Gecko Hotel & Beach Club Formentera/Migjorn