“Not worth going...”

Jelenia Struga Medical Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kowary
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Have visited the place this year. We went to the restaurant for an evening meal, and what a disappointment. I have never experienced such a long awaiting time...even for the drinks we had to wait 30 minutes...There were 3 people behind the bar and our drinks were not coming at all.We have ordered desserts, mains and starters to come all together as some of us didn't want main courses, desserts etc. and they still come separately so some of us were sat there with nothing to eat at all. The staff was slow and the restaurant only had two more people, but the speed was the slowest I have ever seen. Yet my starter has arrived and wasn't what was specified in the menu- shocking!!! I would recommend the place for a walk and the mine, not the restaurant unless you have 2 hours to spare for your meals and drinks to come through.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ZAS51

Reviewed 28 July 2013

it was really nice stay there. we went for romantic/ski weekend and we had wonderful time. Location is amazing (however it may be hard for you to get there in snow bcs the route to the hotel is really narrow). Reception was warm, breakfast were tasty, swimming pool was nice, we went to sauna (it's not so hard to get there) but it's pretty small and there were a few people already waiting so we didn't try to immerse in the stream after session in sauna ;/ but we had the radon inhalation in uranium mine and it was awesome experience. we had also beauty session in spa and i have to admit that i felt like a queen. my husband, surprisingly, was also delighed :)

minuses: rooms aren't too fresh and matresses are too soft - as many visitors said - it was impossible to spend romantic night in this bed ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ania H
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was in Jelenia Struga for the first time in 2008. Back then it was LEGEN - wait for it - DARY! Last trip - in Dec 2012 was a big disappointment. Don't get me wrong - if this was our first trip, we would have liked it a lot, but comparing to original experience we reflected on declining service, life, the universe and everything. The staff was noticeably worse trained, there were less services offered in SPA, jacuzzi needed some cleaning, etc. Yet still - massages (especially hammam), food (especially tuna steak) are still awesome. I keep fingers crossed for the hotel to get back to the quality of service offered originally. It would be great loss if it declines further. Oh - and if you are wondering - we do want and plan to come back. Maybe with lowered expectations, we will be pleasantly surprised?

Room Tip: Themed rooms are great. Rooms with a view are paid extra (otherwise you may end up with a window loo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ayu M
Reviewed 15 March 2013

for the two years Ive been 2 times , most of all SPA - very good, nice and helpfull staff( very funny underwear you get when you in SPA), in my opinion location is very nice and quietly, specially for people who like and need quiet, room was comfortable( superior) restaurant has good menu card especially -befsztyk tatarski i zupa tajska, drinks too expensive,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marklis
Reviewed 10 February 2013

For the last three years I have been the 3 times. Now what is nice- location. I have visited Karkonosze mountains many times but never seen such a location. You just leave the hotel and can start climbing mountains without any humun building on you way.

Rooms are comfortable

Unfortunately since 3 years I see constant decrease in service an breakfast quality. The place is amazing but need careful watch not to become a dusty hole.

Sauna is distant from the swimming pool

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kamil77
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Initially disappointed with hotel. The commissioning of a kitsch fresco of a winter scene on the front of the hotel was not a good management decision. My heart sank even further when we entered the dark and cluttered hotel foyer and were shown to our room. Our view was the wall with the ghastly fresco! The room was dark, with an energy saving bulb hanging from the ceiling, no bedside lamps, green garden furniture and a built-in kitchen! Not what we expected for a superior room in a 4 star hotel. However when I registered our disappointment (I am a Polish speaker) we were moved to a comfortable and airy suite looking out onto the mountainside. New Year’s Eve was well organised with a great band to dance to, good food with a bottle of bubbly thrown in to the package. The fire dance after midnight was awesome. Breakfasts and evening meals were tasty, although the piped music could be more cheerful and varied and the lighting improved in the restaurant. Spa treatments were enjoyable, although some were quite pricy. It would have been helpful to have had more information available about surrounding attractions. We were somewhat limited in what we could do without a car. We were given a lift into Jelenia Gora by a fellow guest and spent a pleasant couple of hours there. Hotel has great potential but needs a good interior designer, de-cluttering, better lighting and an overall manager, who is on the premises at all times and understands the hotel industry and guest expectations.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out onto the mountainside. Unless you are with children, ask for a room without a kitc...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Isabella M
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The hotel was dirty and missing a lot of small touches. My boyfriend told me why, apparently this hotel was in a huge flood a few years back. When you see the damage it coincides with flood damage. The shower is what upset me the most. When I first got into the shower it over flowed within five minutes (with cold water)They came and fixed this the next day. I attempted to take a shower four different times. Each time they were freezing cold. We ended up taking cold showers the entire trip. I was really upset. I do not speak English and I was not paying for the room, therefore I could not complain. Anyways, this hotel is bad stay some where else. The breakfast was okay, nothing great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank elizabeth622
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kowary
Piotr Hotel SPA & Wellness
#6 of 29 in Karpacz
Hotel Relaks
Hotel Relaks
#8 of 29 in Karpacz

Been to Jelenia Struga Medical Spa? Share your experiences!