All reviews good size porridge helpful staff tour group sour cream enjoyed our stay charming hotel ski lodge buffet dinner open fire no wifi in the rooms crisp air bit dated loved this hotel lobby norway mountains
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We were part of a tour visiting Telemark/Vemork and stay in this hotel for a day. The lobby had a fireplace and we congregated there in the evening - it felt inviting and encourage socializing. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had to turn on the heater because we are not used to the colder temperature. The view from the room was beautiful. I wished I could have stayed there longer, sitting outside, relaxing, while reading a book.

Their dinning room was spacious and we enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. We ate Hvit Geitost - a delicious goat's cheese that is typically served in Norway - we continued eating it anywhere it was served.

Family owned; friendly staff.

I read some of the reviews that it needs to be updated. In my opinion, it's representative of the location with and added advantage; warm and inviting. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stayed at the Inn on tour of Norway. It was great. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Although it is a bit rustic, it was truly an enjoyable stay. The setting of where the Inn is situated is awesome. Easy hike up the mountain and the views were terrific. A warm fireplace in the lobby area and decor of antiques was great. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This hotel is welcoming with a beautiful lobby and fireplace wall. The rooms are tired but comfortable. There is no wifi in the rooms but can be accessed in the lobby. The grounds are great to walk around. The sheep wander free and the views wonderful. The buffet dinner was excellent as was the breakfast...great chef. I would stay here again and hope that they update the rooms in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This hotel had a smorgasbord that was world class.Great food .Drinks at a bar and a good cellar were other surprises.This place is a specialist ski and bush walking base,but its a great venue for any traveller.Great crisp air and well heated rooms and double glazed windows make for a very pleasant nights sleep. We didn't experience noise problems,but maybe in busy season there could be.The decor is a bit dated and clunky.Staff were helpful,but I could see that they were a bit overrun at times of high activity eg when a coach arrives.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Family owned business. We were there with a tour group. The buffet dinner and the breakfast both had a variety of choices and much home-made!
Lots of folk art to look at.
The rooms were clean and fresh.
The owner's son was very nice. We chatted for a bit. It was my birthday, I enjoyed some Aqua Vite!
Telemark is interesting. Kirk Douglas may have stayed here during a movie shoot. We saw reindeer on the crest of a ridge.
Nice staff, very friendly and accommodating!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple