Rooms are smallish, though adequate for two people.
Bedlinens and towels are all very clean - replaced everyday which is nice. The bathroom has an candle / oil burner to keep it nice and fresh. Rooms are well cleaned every day, with a little note to say who had cleaned it and what time!
Aircon is a tad noisy, but you do get used to it.
Shower is not brilliant, as it's non-thermostatically controlled - quickly going from warm to hot then cold then back to hot. Not nice if you've got a bit of sunburn!
The room comes with breakfast. Breakfast consists of a continental breakfast spread. You'll get juices, fruits, cereal, salad, bread, pastries, omelette, bacon, and some local food every day.
Only ate a couple of times at the restaurant, but the food really was excellent - tasty, well presented. Not cheap though!
Lamai town is about 15 min walk from Rummana up the hill then down into the town.
Chaweng town a 20 min taxi / tuktuk ride.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Lots of shops nearby - 7-11, Familymart and cheap restaurants right outside, along with car rental / bike rental, tour operators, massage etc etc.
Rummana provides deck chairs, umbrellas and beach towels at the beach. PC at the restaurant provides free internet access. Can get busy. In-room wifi is expensive.
This is the quiet section of the Lamai beach as it is near Hin Ta Hin Ya. Beachbars / restaurants a 15 minute walk away. Beach was not particularly clean is we were there a month after the floods.... got noticably better whilst we were there though. Too many dogs, too much dog poo on the beach.
What it needs:
1. Improved showers
2. Free internet access via wifi
3. Flat screen TV in the rooms
4. Quieter aircon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Rummana Boutique Resort, a little goes a long way. Masterfully designed in every aspect, choose from our "Island Chic" Deluxe Villas or Rummana Suites for a perfect stay, private, peaceful, well-equipped and fully stocked, you'll never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rummana Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rummana Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rummana Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach