This is our second visit to Samui and to the Rummana and unfortunately we wish we had stayed somewhere else.
There is nothing wrong with the hotel, but it’s just not quite right.
It may tick the boxes to get it’s 4 stars but you don’t feel as though you are receiving a 4 star experience.
The rooms are tired and need a refurb – as do the bathrooms. The showers need to be swapped for thermostatic type.
TVs are old crt type and it would be nice if they were replaced with flat screen.
Aircon is noisy and never quite gets there...
The pool caused a number of minor cuts to our feet – not serious – but not nice. Pool is usually littered with leaves and was often over dosed with chemicals (quite strong smell).
Most of the staff are very polite (as everywhere in Thailand). Hotels garden is very calm and relaxing, with small waterfalls.
Despite our disappointment with hotel we had a nice time. We like the beach location (quiet) and the 15 minute walk to town is pleasant.
We wont return and we would suggest to friends that they stay somewhere else (next door looked nice....)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Rummana Boutique Resort, a little goes a long way. Masterfully designed in every aspect, choose from our "Island Chic" Deluxe Villas or Rummana Suites for a perfect stay, private, peaceful, well-equipped and fully stocked, you'll never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rummana Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rummana Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rummana Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach