We stayed at Am Samui for 5 nights. We arrived at Samui after a rather disastrous 24 hour journey from Bangkok and so the last thing we wanted was a bad place to start our vacation in Samui. Am Samui is defintely value for money. The location is perfect. Just 2-3 mins walk from the beach. Right across the night market and in close proximity of the restaurants and pubs. The staff is pretty helpful and the most pleasent thing is all the girls at reception please decent or good english. They were always keen to help us out and were prepared to provide any advice. On the first night we asked them the address for a restaurant we found on internet and they called the restaurant, booked a table for us and drew a map of the way to the restaurant. Extremely helpful. You can hire bikes through the reception and they will do their best to find out an option for you. They also book all the day trips to Tao and Nang yuan but they are not too pushy (unlike other places who have a cut on the booking so they always push you to book through them).
The rooms are basic. The bathroom didnt have a bath tub. But end of the day you get what you pay for. This place is a lot cheaper than other 3 star places and being in Samui we spend most of the time at the beach or out dinning or enjoying the night life.
The only drawback to me was the breakfast. They certainly need to upgrade the standards. Saw few flies hovering around the fresh fruits counter. Not something you want to see!!
You need to be extremely choosy while selecting the room. There are some pubs nearby that plays music till like 4-5 in the morning. So be clear about your preference when checking in or even better when booking.
Overall, this place is value for money. Great location and helpful staff. Only wish they have better breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Am Samui Palace is a tranquil family owned resort with the genuine feel of a Bed and Breakfast. It first opened its doors only 3 years ago, embracing the approach of providing warm and personal services to all their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Am Samui Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Am Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Am Samui Palace Koh
- Am Samui Palace Ko Samui/Lamai Beach