Samaya Bura
US$641
US$153
US$203
LeMeridien.com
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$56
US$167
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sallamai Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$48
Hotels.com
Rich Resort Beachside Hotel(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
Royal Beach Boutique Resort & Spa(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$132
Travelocity
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
Am Samui Palace(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
All reviewsmountain viewroom with sea viewgreat hotel to stayquiet hoteldefinately stay heremin drivelow seasonbuffet breakfastlamai townprivate poolbeachtidessandko
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2013

the hotel appears to want to screw guests at every angle. They make you check out towels at the front desk for swimming (a 3 min walk in your bathing suit), and threaten you with a 25 USD "fine" if not returned. The towels in question disappeared from our room, taken during cleaning and we were challenged with the fine. Also they would not lend me wine glasses to drink wine in my room, insisting I buy their overpriced and limited selection wine. The hotel, as an independent one, appears to have no coherent guest policy and apparently do not care about repeat customers. Needless do not stay here if you want to be challenged for "extras" at every corner.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtanner
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Popped in by coincidence to check availibility and price. Checked in the same day and stayed for 10 days, the best 10 days for me and my wife during my stay in Thailand. The staff in reception, restaurant and roomcleaning were very nice, helpful and serviceminded. Not only the staff is good, also the facilities, the garden, the pool, the view and surroundings deserve an extra star.The staff makes you feel at home, as they are able to communicate and share the happy moments, while they also are professionals when it comes to drawing the border between guest and staff. I can highly recommend this hotel, for singles, couples and families, young as aged. If visiting the bar and restaurant, Mr Sunny and his female assistant will surely look after you.

Room Tip: I wii come back if I go to Koh Samui
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Good value, great rooms, on beach, nice pool. Breakfast and wifi included.
Get a sea view room as others back onto noisy road!
Spacious rooms with fridge and safe. 2 bottles of water daily. Great view on balcony if the sea and pool. Massages very overpriced. Go to The Healing House down the road for a great massage.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

I have just spent two weeks at the Samaya Bura and found it comfortable and very adequate. The room cleaners did an excellent job and the staff where as a while friendly without formality.

Although breakfast was a little ... basic, although I think I had made for me the best omelette I have ever eaten.

Oh, if you want a room which has quite a good view ask for 303.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank GibboOz
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My partner and myself stayed at the Samaya Bura hotel and my younger brother had his own room as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - The Food and Beverage manager is named Sunny and can be found wandering around to make sure everything is alright. The staff went above and beyond to facilitate out stay and I will be returning in March/April to be staying here again.

A couple of nights the staff relaxed as well after about 11-12pm, and we all sat outside at the bar drinking. Sunny busted out a guitar, and some other locals grabbed various instruments - impromptu live music! Staff is friendly, knowledgeable and even drove me to numerous locations without charging (I tipped, of course, so I don't know if that was 'expected' or not.)

All in all: This is a great hotel to stay at if you're on a budget. Would not hesitate to stay here again. The only downside was that the water in my room was a little low on the pressure side, but after speaking to management this was fixed quickly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family