Samaya Bura
  • Pool
US$646
US$139
Agoda.com
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
US$829
US$689
US$217
LeMeridien.com
Royal Beach Boutique Resort & Spa(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$106
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$57
Agoda.com
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$74
Priceline
Sallamai Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$49
Hotels.com
Rich Resort Beachside Hotel(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$12
US$11
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
US$173
US$141
Priceline
All reviewsmountain viewroom with sea viewgreat hotel to stayquiet hoteldefinately stay heremin drivelow seasonbuffet breakfastlamai townprivate poolbeachtidessandko
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hotel is in a more quiet area of Lamai beach (which I liked). If you are looking for party, party, party - Don't stay here. Everything in this hotel is overpriced. It is not an upscale hotel that would justify the prices. However there are reasonable priced restaurants close by (walking distance).

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street on the third floor, which had occasional noise coming in from the palm forest across the street (people cutting wood with a chain saw or so)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eve_cat0
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We booked a mountain view room, the view from these is actually of a busy road and is very noisy. The room was dirty and the bed sheets had stains (I've uploaded photos). We went to reception to ask if we could be moved to another room or have a refund so we could book elsewhere. Both requests were refused. We asked to discuss this with the manager, first we were told there was no manager on duty, then they would call him, then after speaking with him that he wouldn't see us.

So we resigned ourselves to one night and asked for someone to come and clean the room, of course no one did. I wrote an email to the manager from our room which no one ever responded too either.

The measure of a good place is how they respond when things go wrong. Don't risk spoiling your holiday, book elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank mmw1043
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I booked a room with moutain view / which was a terrible mistake - I was not aware that the main road is passing by - you have traffic noise the whole night.
Well it is high season - that's why prices are high. I paid for a Superior room Euro 124 per night.
If you bring a visitor to the hotel ( which is very uncommon in Thailand :-)) you have to pay another 1000 Bath per night.
Management and personnel are very unflexible if you discuss complaints with them. Finally I had a discussion with the general manager. He offered me not one solution and even became loud in the discussion. Very unprofessional in dealing with clients.
If I had pait 50 Euro I would say OK - but not for that price.

Room Tip: Only chose sea side
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Karl_R70
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at Samaya Bura Hotel for our honeymoon and it was amazing! The interior is of top quality and the staff was extremely friendly from the day of our arrival. We felt very welcome during our entire stay. We had a stunning view from our room on the top floor. We enjoyed great cocktails at the bar and good food at the hotel's restaurant. The pool area and garden is amazingly beautiful. We can recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Room on the top floor facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarliHavinga
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here three nights and were very happy with everything. The customer service was great, the breakfast was really good, and the whole place is very beautiful. The only down side is that is not within walking distance of some of the bigger cities but we rented motor bikes or took taxis and it was no big deal. All in all, a great stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends