“A great getaway place”
Review of Lamai Chalet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
Lamai Chalet
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Arrived at Lamai Chalet with a 3 day booking which has since turned into a long turn stay. So far we have changed our booking to 5 weeks with the option to extend. We were welcomed by the staff and shown our accommodation which was clean and homely. The Owner, Pumpey, and his wife, Kob, run an efficient operation and are very quick to accommodate any requests - from sight seeing to a fish barbeque on the beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is really good and the menu includes both foreign and Thai foods. You have the beach and a pool within walking distance of all the accommodation. It is a great place for both families and those travelling alone to enjoy a restful vacation. Just a short drive away one can go to the Beach Road Market which has a selection of eateries, pubs and stalls. They have made sure we feel like we are part of an extended family.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and the prices suit all budgets
There are newer reviews for Lamai Chalet

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Arrived at Lamai Chalets for 2 nights and nearly 3 weeks later I am still here!
Staff are all very friendly, the location is fabulous! A beach with a view to cherish! The owner is kind and helpful - he is a gentle giant with a big heart. He has made the stay very easy and nothing is ever too much trouble!
I would recommend this budget beach bungalow resort to all my friends and whoever I meet who are looking for a great place to stay on the island!
I am sure I will visit PomPey and Kob again....If I ever leave that is!
Thanks for a wonderful stay!

1  Thank JESS W
Reviewed 4 July 2012

From having a terrible experience in a hotel in Chaweng to arriving at Lamai Chalets, this is now my home-away-from-home. From the minute we arrived at Lamai Chalets, the Owner, his wife and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Lamai Chalets is perfectly positioned just minutes away from Lamai town, but remote enough to really relax and unwind. The resort is right on the beach and has a swimming pool. The rooms are well-maintained and cleaned with fresh linen and towels refreshed regularly. Prices are comparatively well affordable and the food is delicious. So much so, that we have booked for a month. I feel almost like family and will be sad to leave eventually.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We came to south area of Lamai because we knew it is calm and quite cheap place. We didn't have reservation and saw about 15 hotels and choose this finally. We got 2 rooms with conditioner and hot water. Room has original design: bathtub inside room (in corner) and toilet on open air (between roof and wall there is some gap). One wall is done from dark glass where enter door. But they have also wood houses with another design. Area of hotel is quite big and houses is set quite far from each other. It has lawn and not too much palms. Usually other hotels have crowded area with houses and trees and you feel yourself like in jungle. Breakfast is simple for such sort of hotels: eggs in different kinds and muesli. Beach is quite lonely. Sometimes you can see garbage on it but not many. Usually guests take sun bath on hotel territory near pool (it is good for children). They don't have sun umbrellas and you need to catch shadow under palms. Hosts are couple: Swiss man(Pampui) and Thai woman. He speaks German, French, Italian, English and Thai. His wife speaks English. Not far from hotel on beach there is good restaurant Black Pearl with delicious food and shakes. Hotel can rent motobike but it is better to take newer and cheaper ones in Lamai.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Boarded off a cruise with my cousin in high spirits and eagerly looking foward to an amazing four days in Koh Samui. To our surprise, the manager who would drive us to the hotel is Swiss like us. We immediatley recieved aggressive and disrespectful comments from him such as, "Daddy, paid for your vacation didn't he.?" or "[--], Switzerland, I'm never going back".
After a couple of days in the Chalets, which by the way is definately sub-par, we had a small dispute with the manager over a lunch bill from 2 days earlier. He persistently claimed we did not pay and we continued to tell him that we did, and that it was ridiculous that he was trying to make us pay for something again. Suddenly, the manager got out of his seat and locked his arm around my cousin's neck.Suddenly from uncontrollable fury, the manager punched him right on the cheek. Keep in mind that my cousin was less than half the manager's obese weight. All of this was happening while the other staff and clients were terrifyingly watching. This was completely unacceptable behaviour, especially from a manager to his clients. What a disgrace and all of this over 150 baht.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This guesthouse was booked for me through unseen travel in Bangkok, who completely ripped me off. When I got to the guesthouse I was told breakfast was not included although the brochure says "breakfast included with every room". They then asked me how much I payed for the room through unseen, and when I told them they laughed at me because it turned out to be four times as much as I should have payed. I would have hoped they could have had the courtesy to not laugh at us. We looked at the room which was mediocre at best and left without staying the night because we felt so insulted. Besides all this, the property was not attractive and the location inconvenient. Do not book before you check it out in person at the very least.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank HonorCobbs
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The owner looks like he could be someone you want to avaoid, but if you take the time to sit and talk with him he is a great person.
He was very helpful in getting me a motorbike to rent from a friend at a much lower cost than the rental places. The food at the restaurant was delicious. The staff was all very welcoming and talkative.
The beach is great and was very quiet.
Well worth staying here.

#1 of 46 in Lamai Beach
Bill Resort
Bill Resort
#36 of 51 in Lamai Beach

Been to Lamai Chalet? Share your experiences!