“Quite simply THE BEST!!!”

Silavadee Pool Spa Resort
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed at the Silavadee Spa Resort Hotel for 10 nights whilst on our honeymoon. I have stayed in Koh Samui a few years ago and know what a vast choice of luxury resorts there are available. Having spoken with Connor the General Manager via email a few times and going on its great reviews I booked a sea view pool villa. This was all a surprise to my now wife and even more of a surprise to me when we arrived and were upgraded to a panoramic sea view pool villa (number 10), it was quite literally out of this world, the nicest room/villa I have ever stayed in, the pool had the most amazing view of the ocean, and there were so many little touches that you just don’t find in the huge corporate resorts. The whole resort has been uniquely built to feel as if it was there first with the greenery growing around it, rather than a resort feeling as if it has been forced upon its environment. I have been lucky enough to have stayed in some amazing hotels around the world but this resort ranks as number one without a doubt. Breakfast again was the best I have ever experienced, everything and anything you could wish to see on a breakfast menu was there and cooked to perfection, the iced coffees were a great touch also!

Location wise, I picked Silavadee purposely to be far enough away from the action to feel relaxed and secluded but close enough (5min drive via taxi or hire a motorbike/scooter) to be part of the buzz that is Lamai beach (personally I would not bother with Chaweng beach). It could not have been more perfectly located for us, an idyllic location from which we explored the best attractions on the island. With Connor’s help both prior and during our stay it really gave that extra personal touch, he is a great asset to the resort and its perfection a credit to him. On the last night a BBQ in our villa was arranged and this was the perfect way to finish an idyllic trip, such a unique idea and an experience we will talk about for years to come.

I really don’t see how anyone could find any genuine fault with this hotel resort, I am critical at the best of times but this place just blew me away. There will always be some people who are best off spending every holiday in the uniformed sterility of a Hilton, but for everyone else who seeks an experience within the country to which they travel and desires memories of luxury and pure perfection GO TO SILAVADEE!!!! We will be back, we could not live life now without not going back!!

Room Tip: 1) Hire a motorbike?scooter (available from the hotel) and explore! 2) Book (if possible!) a sea vi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelGuru1111

Reviewed 24 September 2012

we had our wedding at Silavadee in april this year and were totally satisfied with the hotel. Khun Nokie was our wedding organizer and she is the best - professional and very helpful - so are all the staff at the hotel. The private beach is the core point that we chose the hotel since we gonna have our privacy and can party until the sunrise, which is very flexible for us.
The room at the hotel are good and very unique, some of the villas are even built so that part of the rocks are in the rooms. In general there are so many things that overwhelmed us as well as all our wedding guests at this hotel. We would definately recommend to all.

Room Tip: If you have the budget try the ocean view villa on the rocks with an infinity pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LinhSchulz
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband and I with our 15month old daughter recently spend a glorious week at Silvadee Resort. We choose Silvadee simply becasue it looked stunning and had its own private beach.The resort lived up to our expectations with five star facilities and exceptional customer service. On our arrival noticing our sleeping toddler the staff quickly made arrangements for us to stay in their spa facility so she could continue to sleep while our room was promptly made up before the usual check in time. During our stay the staff were warm, accomadating and willing to do a spot of babysitting. The restaurant meals were diverse and breakfast was supurb with the selection on offer. Our room was large, clean and considering how much time we spent in it, perfect for our young family. Would highly recommend Silvadee to parents traveling with infants who want to get away from the typical family resorts and of course the ambience makes Silvadee the ideal honeymoon destination.

Room Tip: No fitness centre - the only drawback
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Leanne P
Reviewed 21 September 2012

After researching over 30 properties I settled on Silavadee for my honeymoon.. I loved the look of it the moment I saw the website and I wasn't disappointed one bit when we got there. While landing at Koh Samui, we could identify the resort and what excited us even more was that the property took over one entire edge of the island. We had taken a deluxe jacuzzi sea view room and it was beautiful. Once could see the sea from any portion of the room, even on getting up and sitting on the bed. The daybed and jacuzzi on the balcony made it even better. The spa was fabulous and the couple massage was ethereal. Food at the restaurant was super delicious. Breakfast was sumptuous and while you could serve yourself from the spread, you could also order away from the menu. Despite being at a distance from the city, the resort was perfect for a honeymoon as you want to get away from the hustle bustle. There is a shuttle bus to the town but we had taken a bike and zipped around. We loved every bit of the experience and even six days were not enough. We hope to go back some day to re-live those moments.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a sea view room and if possible do take the one with the jacuzzi. You won't...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ritcha V
Reviewed 17 September 2012

It was like a fairy tale. My now husband and I were recommended this hotel by another couple who had been married there. And we are so happy we decided on this resort.
Through correspondence I spoke with Nokie (Naphat), their wedding co-ordinator. Nokie is by far the most lovely, polite and helpful wedding co-ordinator. On first emailing her she answered all my questions within a day and was attentive and helpful as possible. In fact it was because of her mainly we chose Silavadee. Other resorts took days to reply to my enquiries and requests.

Then there is the resort, it has it's own private beach with beautiful blue water and palm trees. And on request can be closed for your wedding day. (also you can have a intimate dinner on the beach if booked in advanced, highly recommend).
The beach is a little rocky, but it's very white sand and beautiful in pictures.

And the villas, SPECTACTULAR!! We had the ocean pool villa over the water, and I don't know what I'm going to do not being able to dip in the pool over looking the most beautiful water every morning. The finishings of the wood are starting to be a little old looking, but only if you look hard.

Staff: SMILING, polite, and helpful. All staff were amazing and sweet. Connor the manager was very nice and helpful. As was the new food and beverage manager Gavin. They catered to our ever wish.

Food: the restaurant food was nice. Not amazing. But still nice.

Wedding day: was BEAUTIFUL!!. It was 95% of exactly what I wanted. But no one but I knew that. All my guests congratulated me on putting together the most amazing wedding they have ever been too. And there was some hard to impress people.
The 5% that wasn't correct were not major things. But when you consider your on an island and you have a language barrier, it was ok.

Hotel photographer: the photographer the hotel recommended was good. The picture for the day time were amazing!!! I do not recommend having him for the evening though. Keep it to day time pictures only.

Not so happy parts: there was construction happening while we were there. We were told it wouldn't interfere or we wouldn't hear the noise but we very much did. We spoke with the manager and he got them to move the construction so it wouldn't be heard. It was better for the weekend but then it started again after the wedding.

All I can say is I recommend this hotel. We will be back!
Thank you for an amazing wedding.

Room Tip: Choose Vila 1 or 2 with the panoramic view over the water is close to everything. Villa 1 people can...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug19801980
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We were very lucky to miss out on the monsoon weather when we stayed here for three nights.

The infintiy pool coupled with the beautiful seaview was absolutely amazing. Now this is a view that no one will ever want to miss out. Breathtaking.

The staff were very nice and accomodative. I loved the idea of fresh fruit left in our room daily.

The only thing that was a little disappointing was how far the resort was from town. What's more, the shuttle services to chaweng were very limited. Aside from this, everything else was very impressive.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what type of room - just go there for the infinity pool and the magnificent seavi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lincoln_and_Pia
Reviewed 28 August 2012

On our first visit to Koh Samui, we were delighted with this hotel. Its postion in Lamai is a little out of the more livelier Chaweng, but the hotel runs a shuttle service. Our room was well appointed with clea comfortable bed, shower and bath, and even our own jacuzzi on the balcony. Fresh fruit was left in the room daily, and the large beach bag with towels was much appreciated. The walk down to the private beach may be a little steep for some, but as probably the oldest guests staying at the hotel we were fine and were delighted to find a small bar and free kayaks with life preservers for use in the small bay. Beach shoes were also provided and appreciated as the sand was hot and the underwater stones uneven for paddling out. Should you stay by the pool, cool cloths, fresh fruit and drinks were brought to your lounger.
The options for dining were outside on the terrace and inside in the air conditioned restaurant. Western and Asian dishes offered. As the temperature, even in the evening is still high, you may wish to choose the latter option and also avoid getting the odd insect bite.
All the staff were helpful and pleasant, and happy to chat. We chose an excursion to the Ang Thong National Marine by speedboat and the admin staff arranged everything for us, even suggesting what we should take with us for the day. We had a lovely five days at this hotel and would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on arrival, but do discuss at that point whether you are still expecting the deal...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Sandalwood Luxury Villas
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort
Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Been to Silavadee Pool Spa Resort? Share your experiences!