We stayed at the Silavadee Spa Resort Hotel for 10 nights whilst on our honeymoon. I have stayed in Koh Samui a few years ago and know what a vast choice of luxury resorts there are available. Having spoken with Connor the General Manager via email a few times and going on its great reviews I booked a sea view pool villa. This was all a surprise to my now wife and even more of a surprise to me when we arrived and were upgraded to a panoramic sea view pool villa (number 10), it was quite literally out of this world, the nicest room/villa I have ever stayed in, the pool had the most amazing view of the ocean, and there were so many little touches that you just don’t find in the huge corporate resorts. The whole resort has been uniquely built to feel as if it was there first with the greenery growing around it, rather than a resort feeling as if it has been forced upon its environment. I have been lucky enough to have stayed in some amazing hotels around the world but this resort ranks as number one without a doubt. Breakfast again was the best I have ever experienced, everything and anything you could wish to see on a breakfast menu was there and cooked to perfection, the iced coffees were a great touch also!
Location wise, I picked Silavadee purposely to be far enough away from the action to feel relaxed and secluded but close enough (5min drive via taxi or hire a motorbike/scooter) to be part of the buzz that is Lamai beach (personally I would not bother with Chaweng beach). It could not have been more perfectly located for us, an idyllic location from which we explored the best attractions on the island. With Connor’s help both prior and during our stay it really gave that extra personal touch, he is a great asset to the resort and its perfection a credit to him. On the last night a BBQ in our villa was arranged and this was the perfect way to finish an idyllic trip, such a unique idea and an experience we will talk about for years to come.
I really don’t see how anyone could find any genuine fault with this hotel resort, I am critical at the best of times but this place just blew me away. There will always be some people who are best off spending every holiday in the uniformed sterility of a Hilton, but for everyone else who seeks an experience within the country to which they travel and desires memories of luxury and pure perfection GO TO SILAVADEE!!!! We will be back, we could not live life now without not going back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Silavadee Pool Spa Resort is the latest luxury resort on the island of Koh Samui and offers 44 pool villas and 36 deluxe rooms. Much of the native landscape has been retained during the construction of the resort, and all the furniture and fabrics have been especially designed and handmade by local artists. Guests can enjoy Asian as well as international dishes at The Height Restaurant, and premium wines and cigars are available at the Wine and Cigar Lounge. Be sure to head to the spa to experience massages and therapies that will leave you feeling rejuvenated. Nearby activities include a range of water activities and sight-seeing tours. Booking your stay at this fabulous resort is easy - simply select your dates and click. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Silavadee Pool Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silavadee Pool Hotel Lamai Beach
- Silavadee Pool Resort
- Silavadee Pool Spa Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach