Silavadee Pool Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
Samaya Bura(Lamai Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate beachpanoramic ocean viewjacuzzi deluxe roomour honeymoonmoon restaurantstar barkoh samuigolf buggiesocean frontroom typebreakfast was amazingsun deckfree shuttlethe main roadwedding coordinatorthai foodoutdoor shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel.. It's all you can dream of from a 5 star hotel. The rooms are great and nothing is missing there. The breakfast was super.. One one minus is you really can swim on the beach, to many rocks. I did not like that there was so many not Thai people running the place. But overall it's a wonderful place to relax.. No noise and just a peacefull place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My Girlfriend and I had the pleasure to stay in this wonderful hotel on the 28th of August for a few days.
From the moment we arrived and the welcoming we received from the front end staff I kinda knew we were in for something special.
We have visited Thailand and koh Samui on many occasions but this was the first time we stayed in the Lamai area, previously we were drawn to the chaweng area but due to our last experience we decided we needed a change.

I only wish we did this years ago as the total comfort and experience at Silavadee was truly amazing and professional from the minute we checked in to the moment we checked out.

We stayed in villa 25, the villa was appointed extremely well and had one of the most comfortable beds I’ve slept in, the views from the room was truly breathtaking ( we were very lucky as the weather was fantastic ), the salt water infinity edge privet pool was just perfect.
We didn’t eat much at the restaurant as we had the food brought to the room, The room service and food presentation/quality gets 2 thumbs up from me.

I’ve been racking my mind to find some flaws in our stay but in all honesty I’m finding it very hard.

It’s a credit to the management and staff for making our stay so memorable, we will definitely return.

In short, for what you get for your money at Silavadee there is NO hotel in Chaweng can offer anything close for the price

Highly Recommend the Villa's

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights after visiting Bangkok and Krabi. We were upgraded to a pool with a villa which was amazing and meant we hardly needed to go anywhere. We were given breakfast in our villa every day which was great and the staff that served us with very friendly and polite. A little disappointed with the beach as although we knew it was rocky did not think it would be that bad but we had our own pool and terrace so we didnt need to go down there anyway. Got taxi's into Lamai a few times to go out for meals and went on a trip o Ang Thong National Park. Was always nice to come back to our own villa though! A great stay and highly recommended. Watch out for the mosquito's though- we were both bitten loads even though we had spray and plug in's in the room!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views- the ocean view jacuzzi room is the one we booked!
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had 6 nights here last week and just loved it. We given an upgrade to a villa with a private pool and this a wonderful surprise and much appreciated! Staff were all exceptional no matter where we were.
Because the resort is at the end of a road a few km's long we opted to hire a motor bike for 5 days and this was a great decision. We came and went as we liked and this was great. You can do this at the hotel, very cheap. Would highly recommend to couples wanting a romantic break away. Ocean views from the dining deck are superb, we ate in 4 of the 6 nights. Lovely food also.

Room Tip: Can't go past the villas, ocean view ones looked amazing!
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We came here in August 2013 for our honeymoon, it was our first trip to Thailand so we didn't really know what to expect. We decided to play it safe and book this 5 star resort.

The reception that we had at the hotel was excellent-following a long flight the soothing music and Thai custom drinks with cool towels were a relaxing start. To our surprise we were then upgraded to a pool Vila from a standard room- this was due to our original room being used by a larger wedding party. It was very welcome and made all the difference.

The Pool villa:

it is very nicely proportioned for a couple. The pool is big enough to swim in and has a jacuzzi built in. The villa has a traditional Thai appearance with the classic pointed wooden roof. Awaiting us was a large petal filled bath with a separate shower and twin sinks with a standard toilet.

The villa also has a DVD player- although I wouldn't recommend bringing your own UK collection as I did- they won't play due to the player being only Asian region.

It also has a flat screen tv with various channels, a phone, free wi-fi, a large bed that has a hanging fly canopy above.

The outside has reclining chairs and a decking area. Sea views from the villas are only for those advertised.
Overall the accommodation was very nice- if I had to mention one thing it was that on multiple occasions we returned from breakfast to find the cleaners in the room- it would make sense if they could have waited to mid-day as most people are out by this point. The wood work flooring and furniture appeared a little tired and need of decorating.
I think though for a 5* resort we expected additional touches-there didn't feel like there was here, it was very nice but not complete luxury- The turn down service only came twice which was nice when they did come.

The pool:

This was very nice and is as it appears in the pictures. It is Farley large and looks out over the beach- there is an attached bar.

The beach:

there are free use of snorkels, life jackets, rubber shoes and kayaks. When the sea is calm there are a lot of fish to see although the sea bed is very rocky and not one that you can walk in with bare feet.

It was disappointing to see that at the far end of the beach is a large collection of rubbish- old bottles and various other waste. I read about this on a previous review and would have expected it to be cleared up as the hotel has trip advisor logos all over. There is a bar with staff- I don't see why they have not been tasked with picking up the daily litter as its not what you would expect from a 5 star
resort.

The restaurant/breakfast area:

although the staff were very polite and pleasant they appeared under staffed. The breakfast menu does not change with a small selection of
Thai and Western foods-again I expected more of a variety although what was available was very nice. For an evening meal expect to pay your average price in a nice UK pub - not cheap but not over expensive.

Location:

Initially we felt we were a little too far from Lami town. However we soon found that the hotel offer a free bus to Lami and Chaweng- this is at set drop off and pick up times. There is a road that leads down to the main road for Lami which takes a good 20minutes to walk down- on this road you can pick up the red public transport or the yellow meter cabs.

Personally I preferred Lami to Chaweng but felt that Boh Put fishermans village was by far the best town we visited-we got a private yellow cab for 500baht to return us both to the hotel.

Based on this I think that it was well located- once we got the hang of the public transport it was easy to get around.

Spa:

I only used the spa just once due to the price. For just one 45 minute treatment I paid almost £60 for a massage. It was very nice but a little expensive- they do offer the second treatment at 50% off and the third at 75% which makes up a little. I would have expected a discount for guests though as the spa is the same price for outside visitors.

Weather:

Very good, average temp above 30c with only a few short rain showers at night at late afternoon.

Overall I would consider a return but would try and find it at a cheaper rate. Would have given a "good" rating for most of the areas if it was an option.

• Stayed: August 2013