“Perfect place to relax with your lover”

Silavadee Pool Spa Resort
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
“Perfect place to relax with your lover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have such a fab. Experience at silavadee pool spa resort. I can said its the best experience hotel so far in Thaiand.
The room that I stay is ocean pool villa, every morning when I wake upi jump to the pool in front of my room and look atthe sea and sky. I feel like I m in a dream. Also, the staffs take care me so good, every evening I got the tiny gift put on my bed.
I do love the private beach as well, I went in afternoon and get the coconut drink also I get suntan on the big bed that hotel service free om the beach.

I will go again next year with my lover and my family ;)

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Benjamin S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had high expectations of this resort based on the previous reviews but I ended up feeling as if they were talking about a different hotel.

Firstly I’ll list the positives;

Easy arrival with a welcome drink and cold towel which is much appreciated after 15 hours of travel.
We had a Jacuzzi room on the ground floor, the room was very spacious which had comfy bed, good aircon and was very clean. The cleaning staff did a great job whilst there.
Private beach was relaxing with no hassle from beach sellers as per previous visits to Samui.

Negatives;

1)The purpose of our holiday was to look for wedding venues, additionally the day we arrived was my partners Birthday, myself and my travel agent had sent multiple emails prior to our visit trying to get more info on a wedding at Silavadee and to arrange a surprise for the birthday but these were all ignored.
Additionally after finally getting a response via Facebook with another email address to send the emails to, these further emails were ignored. We ruled out the Silavadee immediately, How could we possible have any confidence to have the wedding there if there was no response to any emails?

2)The breakfast buffet was fairly basic and nearly all of it was left uncovered (pastries, fruit, breads) so they had flies on. So we had to order a la carte every day but the choice is limited so got bored after a few days.
Ordered it to the room a few times but the order often was wrong, ie plain pancakes were actually banana mistakes like this happened a few times. Additionally ordered tea to the room one night, the wrong tea was sent and when a replacement arrived it was cold.

3) A light bulb in our room was flashing when it was turned off, we had to ask for 3 days running before this was fixed.

4) Staff were Hit and Miss, some were very friendly (Aon in the restaurant was the highlight) but some weren’t as welcoming as and barely acknowledged you.

5) Hot water was hit and miss when showing, it went cold every 20 seconds for 20 seconds before coming hot again, don’t know if this was just our room ?

6) The final straw was when we asked if the reception could make a reservation at the Banyan Tree Saffron restaurant for us which they said they would do and wrote down all the details for, however when we arrived no reservation was made. Luckily they could squeeze us in and our final night wasn’t ruined.

I don’t know If we were unlucky or people don’t know what a Thai 5 star resort is like but other Wedding hotels we visited during our stay including the Conrad and Banyan Tree were on another level in my opinion.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with the Jacuzzi room, it takes about 20 mins to fill it up
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Eaunoire
bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

we stayed for 3 nights in a pool villa overlooking the sea. this was by far the best hotel have stayed in. the view from the villa was to kill for. the infinity pool was large and had sufficient depth and sun loungers on the deck made lazing around even easier! the villas were large with floor to roof glass walls and the roof was traditional thai style. the resort is built on a hill and they had allowed some natural rock formations which extended from the deck to inside our room! the bathrooms were expansive with round bath, shower and even an outdoor rain shower and all the modern amenities were provided. the resort on the whole is very green with fragrant flowers everywhere. we had to use buggies, which reached us quickly upon a call, to reach the lobby or the restaurant. the thai food we ordered was excellent and the breakfast was fresh and great. the private beach was even better with sea shoes, life vests and snorkeling equipment available for no charge. having the beach almost all to yourself was fantastic! the sandy part or the beach is not huge but the coral and the rocks are aplenty with colourful fishes. we had an infant with us and she had a blast both in our pool and the beach. Ms. Bee at the reception was extremely helpful and a fantastic person. Otherwise too, the entire staff was awesome and ever smiling and helpful. would love to go back!

Room Tip: sea view villa. or a sea view room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank prashantkataria
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We arrived to a very welcoming reception, cold towels and a welcome drink. We were taken by buggy to our Front Villa with Ocean View and Infinity Pool and it was lovely. The villa was huge with a four poster bed, seating area, dressing area and huge bathroom with massive round bath. It had a dvd player and ipod full of music. As it was our Anniversary trip, we had Champagne and cake brought to our room, a huge heart of rose petals on the bed and rose petals in the bath. It was charming. Our own infinity pool was beautiful with a jacuzzi and lovely views out to sea and not overlooked. We had a pool house with a day bed, seating, shower and toilet. By the pool we had two loungers and a table and an outside shower. Also, a table and 4 chairs. It was like being in paradise.
We had booked half board and the Height restaurant offered a superb menu with massive choice and certain items on the menu were not included in the half board but you had to pay a small addition for it ( ie a couple of pounds). Everything we chose over our week was very good, both Thai and Western cuisine. Beware of the spice levels, spicy is far too hot so medium spice is what we get in UK Thai restaurants! We were given a banquet for one dinner and there were 2 Thai set menus and 2 Western menus, we opted for both Western menus and they were very good.
Breakfast was amazing, an enormous buffet of cereals, juices, cheeses, breads, fruits, yogurts, cold meats, smoked salmon, French pastries, doughnuts as well as an a la carte choice of cooked breakfast such as eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs benedict, french toast, pancakes etc... all inclusive. Even a glass of Prossecco and wonderful coffee.
Service was very friendly, always greeting you, always smiling and making you feel welcome. Lunch time was quiet in the restaurant, dinner much busier and the views from outdoor tables and the inside window tables were spectacular at breakfast and lunch but too dark to see anything at dinner and yet always reserved, go figure! Service at breakfast was much slower as the few waitresses couldn't cope with the sheer numbers. They really tried their best but one more and things would have been smoother all round.
The room was beautifully cleaned every day and turn down was great as all towels were changed.
On the down side, due to the fact it is in the tropics some of the outside woodwork is starting to look tired and needs refreshing.
We didn't try the Spa as we had a Thai massage in Nathan for 200 Baht each for an hour in contrast to 3,900 Baht for 2 hrs at the hotel.
The beach was private as no one could reach it as it is surrounded by rocks and you need shoes to get into the sea and avoid cutting your feet. But it is idyllic to behold with a lovely bar. The main pool looked good with a few jacuzzis and a bar but we didn't use it as we had our own.
Room service was very good and we ordered it twice and was quick and delivered well and set out very nicely.
The hotel has a small shop and a DVD library.
We found our week there very relaxing and de-stressing, which we needed. We slept 11 hours on our first night, never been known before!

Room Tip: Villa 2, quiet, private
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moosie57
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I stayed her on the back end of our trip to Thailand. We stay here for 9 nights and were made to feel welcomed from the moment we arrived.

Checkin
When we arrived we were give a warm welcome and cool towels to freshen up while our details and rooms were sorted out. Our bags were taken to the room by the porter as we made our way there.

Room
The room was the normal hotel rooms there provided with a garden view and jacuzzi outside. The roomw as not the villas that they also do, these are more expensive but we were happy the the basic room which was far more the normal basic that you get anywhere else. The room was large with a king size bed along side a tv with a wide range of channels in english. Complimentary fresh fruit and two bottles of water was provided everyday. The bathroom has a large shower and bath with the water hot straight away. The jacuzzi which is outside took about 20 mins to fill up but it was worth it but we only did it the once as we spent more time down by the pool and the private beach.

The Pool
The pool as you can see from the pictures has a stunning view looking out over the ocean. The sun hits the pool mainly morning through to about 5ish then is disappears over the hills behind the hotel when its becomes a lot cooler.

Private Beach
The private beach is a nice touch when you visit the other beachs on koh samui you will understand why as they are packed with people and there isnt much quiet or privacy. The beach itself is on a coral, you can get equipment from the hotel to go snorkelling as well as canoeing. The sand is grainy and not smooth as on chaweng or lamai beach. The hotel also does drop offs and picks ups at certain times throughout the day for free to chaweng and lamai beach. I found chaweng the nicer of the two beachs.

Breakfast
You have a buffet style breakfast with a small a la carte menu selection (small meaning 10 or so options) but you can fill up on the buffet which has plenty of options. The salon and eggs from the menu was the best in my eyes.

Restaurants
There is just the one restaurant but there are plenty of options on the island to eat and we ate at some amazing places which I have also reviewed - definately worth going to...you will NOT be disappointed. Food was good here they had an amazing duck started which I would of have again for main if could of lol. For the price of the food here you can eat at better places on the island. We hired a car as it was easier for us than the mopeds others were using.

Location
As mentioned we hired a car for about 4 days towards the end of our stay this was a great decision and i would recommend it to everyone. You can hire the cars from the airport but be careful. We went with Hertz but the person there made a phone call and we were taken elsewhere to hire a car. This wasnt a Hertz car rental but I was to bothered but still be careful as other people might be as laid back as me. The hotel is located at the end of long road of the main road..takes about 10-15 mins to walk to and from the main road to the hotel, this wasn't an issue for us but would be for others.

Other
The price of drinks are a bit expensive but they do a happy hour everyday between 5-7 if a remember correctly. They have a computer which you can use for free to check emails, flight details, print things etc. Also they have free wifi throughout the whole resort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kunming, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have to admit Silavadee is definitely the unique destination which I will choose in Koh Samui for next time and next next time. Is it good? No. It is not simply good or nice. It had totally caught my heart when I and my husband took the honeymoon there. Free upgrade to ocean view villa. Welcoming cake, sparkle and lovely gift. All these surprises made us feel so touching and memorably. Moreover, the staff treated us like their family members, warmly and considerately. We even cancelled the agenda to other islands nearby, just staying in Silavadee for six days. Because it owns every fun we like, SPA, snorkling, swimming, flavorous cuisine and serenity. Frankly speaking, it costs more while it is worthy experiencing.

Room Tip: Villas on the first row with the perfect ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ni S
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had an absolutely amazing time - right from being picked up at the airport into a lovely air conditioned van with cold towels and apple juice.
The villa was unbelievably stunning. Very comfortable and beautiful. We were very happy to have picked this hotel after looking at (what felt like) every hotel on tripadvisor!

The bad:
The food at dinner was rubbish, and the service left a lot to be desired, though at all other points we were very pleased with the service. My girlfriend actually left her main course as it was basically shrimp and vegetables in water.
The beach belonged to the hotel and it was wonderfully private. We loved being able to kayak, however the beach was rocky and you couldn't walk into the ocean easily because there was so much coral. I cut my leg on some as it was hard to balance on the small coral free patches. They did provide rubber shoes - essential - though not enough for all guests.

Good
The room was great rather than good. The beach was quiet and relaxing and it is a perfect place for couples.
The hotel was completely gay friendly - always a concern when travelling but they didn't bat an eyelid.
Utterly silent A/C
Huge bath (and bathroom) and both indoor and outdoor showers
Breakfast was very nice
You did have to get a taxi to leave the resort, because it was so hot I couldn't have walked too far, but this wasn't too expensive and honestly I quite liked returning to our quiet cocoon at the end of the day.

We had seafood on the beach at Budsaba - at the quieter end of Chaweng, we then wandered to the busy area for a few drinks. I had a delicious yellow curry with blue crab.
We also went to Sala Thai which was a wonderful evening, an incredibly relaxed and peaceful restaurant with excellent cocktails - highly recommended

Snorkelling
We took the snorkelling trip through the hotel - 3000 baht for two of us at sunset. It was a lot of fun, though the boat journey back involved a lot of waves so make sure your bag is waterproof as you will get utterly soaked!

Room Tip: We chose the pool villa and felt it was worth the extra, it was stunning
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#6 of 187 in Bophut
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,816 reviews

Been to Silavadee Pool Spa Resort? Share your experiences!