A decent family hotel at slightly high price point with decent amenities for a comfortable family holiday. It is more of a 4 star hotel than 5 star.
Why I would come back:
- Friendly staff
- Good location with nice views from the Ocean view suite.
- Clean rooms that are fairly well kept.
- Information easily and readily available for what to do.
- Good hotel transportation service with English speaking driver.
- Nice breakfast with great serving staff. The A La Carte options are not well advertised but are included in the breakfast price and are not extra so ask for a menu.
- Good room service.
- Nice bathroom and showers.
Why I wouldn't come back:
- Beach is below average and if you want a beach then you have to leave the hotel and travel for about 20-30 mins by car.
- Room fit out is basic and very little furniture in even the most expensive chalet/suite.
- Room size is small.
- I think you can probably get more for the price at another branded resort.
Feedback to Management:
- I paid $1,000 per night for my ocean view suite but I was disappointed at the lack of furniture in the room. There is nowhere to sit in the room and a simple wooden bench in the balcony which is very uncomfortable to sit on for more than 10 minutes. The only place to sit is on the bed. This means you don't fully enjoy the ocean which is what you pay for.
- My kids stayed in the room downstairs in the chalet and there is no phone between the two rooms which meant that if we wanted to check on them or talk to them we had to leave our room, go down and talk to them. Massively inconvenient in the morning and at night.
- The flooring used in the bathrooms is very slippery and we all slipped several times during our 4 day stay.
- The glass on the balcony entrance is a hazard as it is very clean with no markings and the reflection in the night means you can't see the glass and on several occasions you are about to crash into the door. On the last night my wife did badly bruising her nose.
- There should be an evening turn down service as it would be nice to get the bed freshened again considering there is no where to sit in the room other than the bed during the day.
On the whole a pretty average stay. I certainly don't leave disappointed but I also don't see myself staying at the same resort again the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Silavadee Pool Spa Resort is the latest luxury resort on the island of Koh Samui and offers 44 pool villas and 36 deluxe rooms. Much of the native landscape has been retained during the construction of the resort, and all the furniture and fabrics have been especially designed and handmade by local artists. Guests can enjoy Asian as well as international dishes at The Height Restaurant, and premium wines and cigars are available at the Wine and Cigar Lounge. Be sure to head to the spa to experience massages and therapies that will leave you feeling rejuvenated. Nearby activities include a range of water activities and sight-seeing tours. Booking your stay at this fabulous resort is easy - simply select your dates and click. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sawasdee, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Easy Market Spa, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Silavadee Pool Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silavadee Pool Hotel Lamai Beach
- Silavadee Pool Resort
- Silavadee Pool Spa Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach