Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
London, United Kingdom

Very friendly

Review of Utopia Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jun 2018via mobile
Excellent stopped there yesterday for 89bahts cocktails great cocktails great service free sun beds. Went again today for more cocktails and lunch again great service great cocktails and now great food. We had crab salad chicken wings and crab and prawn curry don't think this was on the menu. All priced very reasonable. Will be going here again before we go home.
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thai House Beach Resort
0.3 miles from Utopia Resort
    £68
1.0 miles from Utopia Resort
Free parking
Reception, and dining beyond pool view from room.
    £43
0.1 miles from Utopia Resort
Free parking
The best boutique hotel in Koh Samui where guests enjoy panoramic views from every room.
Priceline
  • Official Site
    £118
0.7 miles from Utopia Resort
View more hotels in Lamai Beach
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel for the money. Staff will clean room every day. Very quiet too. Rooms are clean and have aircondition.
The restaurant is letting the place down a bit. Don't book with breakfast, but you can eat that 30 m down the street at coffee way.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 859bennyb
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Nice and simple huts just a few steps from the beach and main street, but still very quiet. Good breakfast included. On the beach they provide free deckchairs and wi-fi. The cocktails are just amazing. I recommend everyone on budget.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank zverca
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We had an Impromptu visit to the beach bar at Utopia. Great staff - very attentive and super cocktails. We had comfortable bean bags on the beach and there was fabulous atmosphere. Bar singer was excellent.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I selected the utopia as a third choice due to no availability I read the reviews on T.A and had good reviews. Karen H wrote Jan 17 great food lovely pool WHAT POOL ??? Obviously never been here. Chris M wrote Aug 16 up graded from a mountaineer view to sea view no mountain views and just one shed with a sea view out side shower no way. There must be another utopia they are reviewing .
As soon as we arrived I could see I had mad a mistake but I thought maybe first impressions can be wrong . I was given the chalet (shed) number 29 as soon as I opened the door I said no way. I requested a change I was told by the girl in reception that she would give us one of the newer chalets next day stayed the night in 29 shower toilet wash basin in a 5 Ft by 6 Ft wet room, use the shower everything was soaked no hot water, toilet door could not be opened once shut. Nothing like the professional photos on web site . Moved to No 4 slight improvement separate shower in a very small bath but hot water and you did not get locked in the toilet. Breakfast was a choice of egg with either one slice of ham or slice of bacon even the toast was not browned never bothered again ( eat outside) my partner ordered a salad ever for lunch I a sandwich she was halfway through it and found hair and I hate to say this a very small but all the same a maggot. Sent everything back . The beach is ok I know that the area had bad floods in January but the beach is covered with plastic bags cups bottles polystyrene containers fishing nets etc see photos.
The staff are faultless polite friendly helpful really nice and that is the best of it.
There are plenty of bars restaurants just outside and within easy walking. I payed 1800 baht per night I could have stayed at the Lamai wanta resort for another 1000 baht per night. I did check this place good chalets good pool and proper restaurant. They also provide beach towels also tea and coffee making in rooms none of these available at the utopia. I am sorry for the bad report but it is at it is I suppose if your not to fussy it may suit there are far better places so check them out first .

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stan L
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I stayed in this little resort at the end of January with my boyfriend, it was a really nice stay, economy resort but well organised. Under my opinion it'is the best solution in Koh Samui if you want to stay between a beautiful beach and a popular street in Lamai Beach. Very very good, (more than two stars).... hope to see you again!

Date of stay: January 2017