“Great huts right on the beach but don't expect service with a smile”
Review of New Hut Bungalows

New Hut Bungalows
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in New Hut bungalows with my boyfriend for almost a week earlier last month.
I loved the hut itself as its right on the beach. The hut it basic with just a mattress and a mosquito net but for the price you can't argue.
The shared bathrooms are basic with cold water and are relatively clean.
The major downside to the huts are how rude all of the staff are. There was only one sweet girl who served us in the restaurant a few times but other than her, the service is poor to say the least. It's a shame because the huts are a great bargain but to be honest, I don't think the owner will ever be able to charge more than what they do due to the staff that work there.
Overall I enjoyed the stay simply because I loved waking up to the sea and sand.

1  Thank minimeanderer

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I loved my small bungalow right on the beach. It was tiny, but the location ist great and the price was cheap. The ensuite bathroom was new and had a good shower. The bed was confortable, so I would stay there again... But...

the staff is a No-Go. Emtremly unfriendly. Never smiling. The women are the worst (in another review called as shemonster, I absolute agree). Especially the two older woman (I think one of them is the manager). It is like you are disturbing them, because you want to order a meal und pay money for it. Maybe they don't need it. Seems like this.
I can't understand this behavior.

And I had to pay for my toiletpaper (after one week it was empty and I had to pay 10baht for a new one, unbelieveble!).
There is a box with old books, but you are not allowed to change your book, no, you have to pay for this old books, which they actually found in the bungalows left by travellors... Every hotel has a book exchange... Another thing, what shows the face of the stuff...

Luckily there are other restaurants, where you can spent your money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jdmrv
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Having stayed here several times, several years apart whilst travelling SE Asia, I have to say this is my favourite accommodation ever! It's incredibly basic, but it's perfect! You are literally ON the same, on a gorgeous beach. The food in the restaurant is some of the best food you'd ever eat in Thailand and I loved the staff! Upon returning a year after my first visit, I was welcomed with open arms and hugs all around. Couldn't believe they remembered me! Always felt safe here and my belongings were always safe too. I've stayed in a hut with a bathroom and a hut without and would happily stay in either again. I'll be back one day... this time with hubby and kids in tow! x

Room Tip: Go for a beach front hut. Just pay the extra-its worth it!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kmac2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The title contains an accueate description of every single one of the employees. If I were to be writing solely about the rooms this post would have been titled "Small but cheap rooms on the beach next to a barbaric tribe of she-monsters who call themselves employees."

I can't express my disdain for these employees enough. Not only were they extremely rude during our stay, but when we went to check out the main she-monster tried to tell us we hadn't paid the full price for the room. So I got angry and she then told me to calm down because "we are Buddhists here, not Christians" which apparently means I don't have the right to be angry when someone tried to steal my money. It also means she is making stereotypes about Christians, which is unnecessary. She also told me to stop acting like a lady. So she's misogynistic as well. Anyway, look at other reviews to see that these people are thieves. A good alternative is Beer's Hut right next door. They also offer bungalows on the beach, and the staff isn't a group of inbreds (although more expensive).

1  Thank BeauCio
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a really basic hut on the beach. Really excellent location for a beach break, easy to get taxis from the main road outside, great to access spas and travel agents on Koh Samui. The huts were pretty cheap but only had two mattresses and a mosquito net. I still managed to get bitten to death though so take lots of mossie spray. The cafe next door is really good value and has a massive menu. Some staff were a bit unfriendly.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I have been to Lamai a number of times and new hut bungalows are the far the best value for money. We booked for 4 night and ended up staying 2 weeks. Beautiful rooms in a range of sizes with lamai beach as your backyard. On top of that the food in the restaurant is the best I have tasted on the island. Lovely staff as well. Can't say enough good things about the place. Thank you to Loi and Noi for having us

Reviewed 23 June 2013

nice little a frame hut on the beach no frills accomodation with shared bathroom for 350 baht a room stayed for 1 night before moving to koh phagnan could have easily stayed longer the beach is lovely to walk along, the food at the cafe wasnt brilliant but the rooms are fab for the price.

Room Tip: get a beachfront room worth the extra 50 baht!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends