“WORSE STAFF EVER!!!!”
Review of New Hut Bungalows

New Hut Bungalows
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here at the start of september purely because it was the most reasonable, un-touristy accommadation in Samui... We read reviews on TA stating bad bad service, but decided to see for ourselves... Mmmm every review here is spot on!!! Not just unfriendly women but nasty also! We will never stay at this place again this is for sure!!!!! Its such a shame because the location and beachfront is perfect!! If they don't change their attitude they honestly deserve to go out of business!!!
Not a good experience at all!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LucaLauren

Reviewed 30 August 2013

In 2009, I got a boat from Surat Thani to Kho Samui and had no idea where I would be staying the night I got to the Island. After meeting an Irish fella on the boat who recommended New Hut, I got off the boat found the rep and paid for two nights.

FOUR WEEKS later, I had to leave to meet a friend in Singapore. If not for them, I would have stayed longer.

The staff are so friendly and accommodating that they practically became family. On the minibus from the ferry to the huts, the driver stopped and bought us all a bottle of water because 'it no cloudy today'. I could happily live here.

If you don't like getting back to basics, this is not for you. If you want to appreciate life, nature and everything the world has to offer...this is as good as it gets. I travelled for two years and stayed in some of the most amazing hotels the world has to offer...none of them compared to this. This is one of few places that is on my 'must see again' list.

Food is slightly pricey but you can nip out the gate, turn left, walk 500yards and get what I believe to be the best Thai food Kho Samui can offer. Proper old dear cooking for her kids each lunch time yet cooking enough to serve the public.

For the price...it's paradise as you would imagine.

Room Tip: Take one of the bungalows at the front. It's 500BHT more a night, but the views are worth a mill...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank adelunn
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my girlfriend in July. We stayed about 1 week in total over two stays.

We came back because the price is right, and waking up To see the beach in front is something special.

The food was good too, well priced Thai food, though they couldn't cook eggs at breakfast. what do I say about the staff? They weren't great, in fact they were dreadful, but it didn't really bother a for the price.

Try and get a hut in the first row.

1  Thank Eduardo O
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in New Hut bungalows with my boyfriend for almost a week earlier last month.
I loved the hut itself as its right on the beach. The hut it basic with just a mattress and a mosquito net but for the price you can't argue.
The shared bathrooms are basic with cold water and are relatively clean.
The major downside to the huts are how rude all of the staff are. There was only one sweet girl who served us in the restaurant a few times but other than her, the service is poor to say the least. It's a shame because the huts are a great bargain but to be honest, I don't think the owner will ever be able to charge more than what they do due to the staff that work there.
Overall I enjoyed the stay simply because I loved waking up to the sea and sand.

1  Thank minimeanderer
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I loved my small bungalow right on the beach. It was tiny, but the location ist great and the price was cheap. The ensuite bathroom was new and had a good shower. The bed was confortable, so I would stay there again... But...

the staff is a No-Go. Emtremly unfriendly. Never smiling. The women are the worst (in another review called as shemonster, I absolute agree). Especially the two older woman (I think one of them is the manager). It is like you are disturbing them, because you want to order a meal und pay money for it. Maybe they don't need it. Seems like this.
I can't understand this behavior.

And I had to pay for my toiletpaper (after one week it was empty and I had to pay 10baht for a new one, unbelieveble!).
There is a box with old books, but you are not allowed to change your book, no, you have to pay for this old books, which they actually found in the bungalows left by travellors... Every hotel has a book exchange... Another thing, what shows the face of the stuff...

Luckily there are other restaurants, where you can spent your money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jdmrv
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Having stayed here several times, several years apart whilst travelling SE Asia, I have to say this is my favourite accommodation ever! It's incredibly basic, but it's perfect! You are literally ON the same, on a gorgeous beach. The food in the restaurant is some of the best food you'd ever eat in Thailand and I loved the staff! Upon returning a year after my first visit, I was welcomed with open arms and hugs all around. Couldn't believe they remembered me! Always felt safe here and my belongings were always safe too. I've stayed in a hut with a bathroom and a hut without and would happily stay in either again. I'll be back one day... this time with hubby and kids in tow! x

Room Tip: Go for a beach front hut. Just pay the extra-its worth it!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kmac2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The title contains an accueate description of every single one of the employees. If I were to be writing solely about the rooms this post would have been titled "Small but cheap rooms on the beach next to a barbaric tribe of she-monsters who call themselves employees."

I can't express my disdain for these employees enough. Not only were they extremely rude during our stay, but when we went to check out the main she-monster tried to tell us we hadn't paid the full price for the room. So I got angry and she then told me to calm down because "we are Buddhists here, not Christians" which apparently means I don't have the right to be angry when someone tried to steal my money. It also means she is making stereotypes about Christians, which is unnecessary. She also told me to stop acting like a lady. So she's misogynistic as well. Anyway, look at other reviews to see that these people are thieves. A good alternative is Beer's Hut right next door. They also offer bungalows on the beach, and the staff isn't a group of inbreds (although more expensive).

1  Thank BeauCio