“Excellent service”

and 1 more site!
New Hut Bungalows
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My girlfriend went for 5 weeks backpacking trip and i couldnt join with her so i wanted to make a little surprise for her when she arrived to NHB. Staff were very helpful for arranging flowers etc to her room and everything went just like in movies although i was arranging it from the other side of the world. I can definitely recommend NHB for all the guys and girls out there, who cant join their loved ones for a trip, but want to arrange some nice surprise to them.

Stayed December 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I Was looking for somewhere to stay for a couple of nights and came across these very cute colourful bungalows on the beach. Shame the service didn't match the accommodation.

Asked the guy at reception if there was any accommodation available then was directed to what can only be described as the scariest rude women! She shouted at me over a rather packed restaurant "WHAT DO I WANT"? urmmm was just enquiring if you have any bungalows available, she then proceeded to shout and ask what I wanted and asked me if I had trouble understanding her when she replied with a few offers of beach huts available. No I didn't, I just couldn't quite believe how rude and intimidating someone could be when they have obviously set the business up aimed at travellers and this is treatment we get for asking if we can stay within their establishment!

So please avoid, if you feel like being made a fool of and embarrassed the by all means enjoy the New Hut Bungalows.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bianca C

Travellers are raving about these Lamai Beach hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my girlfriend in November. Booked it online because we really liked the look of the place and the price was good. We did read a few bad reviews but decided to try it out anyway. We were not disappointed, the bungalow we had was right on the beach and I am guessing were either new or had recently been refurbished because they were in an excellent condition. Probably the best maintained place we had stayed in Thailand. Can agree with a few reviews that the staff weren't the friendliest, however this was probably more to do with the fact that they didn't speak much English, but then I don't speak any thai so can't really complain. Overall though I would definitely recommend to stay here. Especially if you can ask for a bungalow right on the beach.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We have been backpacking around Thailand and stayed in some dives! When we arrived here and were shown to our front row, bright, colourful hut, right on the sea front, I was more than happy! Once inside our hut it was clean and had a decent bathroom too! I couldn't believe my eyes!

The owner was ever so helpful and really friendly. The other waiting staff were a little grumpy sometimes and didn't always smile, but sometimes I wondered if it was a lack of English and low confidence to speak to us due to the language barrier. I'm not sure.

There was an issue with Beer Houses dog annoying one male member of staff here who would swing at the dog with a hammer / bucket / anything nearby, and this did really make me feel scared and upset. I love animals!

Food is good, lots of choice, low prices. Try the fried rice with curry sauce and chicken. Very tasty!!

Location is right on the beach. Absolutely perfect. Had bad weather before we arrived so overnight debri would have been swept to shore. Staff cleaned this throughout the day.

Overall though, great stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We had nowhere planned to stay on samui until we got onto the ferry and got sold 2 nights in new hut which seemed an ok place though the lady was not very friendly. Once we got there the people were even worse. They didn't even say hello just asked us to pay and were never helpful with any queries we had and do not expect a smile! After traveling around thailand and receiving friendly service everywhere we were really surprised by this.
The bungalows are new and have a comfy bed but there was no room to put our backpacks. Once they were on the floor we had to get over the bed to go over in the bathroom and the room got unbearably hot!!
We foun bungalows 2 doors down for cheaper. They were not new but bigger with hot water and a comfy bed too.
Would never ever stay at new hut again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here at the start of september purely because it was the most reasonable, un-touristy accommadation in Samui... We read reviews on TA stating bad bad service, but decided to see for ourselves... Mmmm every review here is spot on!!! Not just unfriendly women but nasty also! We will never stay at this place again this is for sure!!!!! Its such a shame because the location and beachfront is perfect!! If they don't change their attitude they honestly deserve to go out of business!!!
Not a good experience at all!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank LucaLauren
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

In 2009, I got a boat from Surat Thani to Kho Samui and had no idea where I would be staying the night I got to the Island. After meeting an Irish fella on the boat who recommended New Hut, I got off the boat found the rep and paid for two nights.

FOUR WEEKS later, I had to leave to meet a friend in Singapore. If not for them, I would have stayed longer.

The staff are so friendly and accommodating that they practically became family. On the minibus from the ferry to the huts, the driver stopped and bought us all a bottle of water because 'it no cloudy today'. I could happily live here.

If you don't like getting back to basics, this is not for you. If you want to appreciate life, nature and everything the world has to offer...this is as good as it gets. I travelled for two years and stayed in some of the most amazing hotels the world has to offer...none of them compared to this. This is one of few places that is on my 'must see again' list.

Food is slightly pricey but you can nip out the gate, turn left, walk 500yards and get what I believe to be the best Thai food Kho Samui can offer. Proper old dear cooking for her kids each lunch time yet cooking enough to serve the public.

For the price...it's paradise as you would imagine.

Room Tip: Take one of the bungalows at the front. It's 500BHT more a night, but the views are worth a mill...