“"achieved great results"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
New Leaf Detox Resort
Doha, Qatar
“"achieved great results"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

I have competed the detox program at New Leaf on a couple occasions and left feeling completely rejuvenated. The transformation was so apparent that when I returned to work my collegues asked me if I had had time off work to "have some work done"!
All the staff at the New Leaf are wonderful and make a real effort to assist each guest on their own individual detox journey. I meet and enjoyed the company of some amazing people from different countries and backgounds which made the experience all the richer. The team at New Leaf are very helpful and generous in spirit, always quick with a smile and a chat if you want and eager to help you with anything you might require. If you are looking for a place to take some time out to cleanse your body and mind I would recommend New Leaf, I found it to be a very personalised, nuturing family envirnoment which really helps you achieve great results from the program they provide.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JazzieB_13
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for your review.

Our staff at New Leaf here to support, encourage and help you to achieve your goal.

We've been running the detox for almost 7 years. The program has been tweaked and improved over the years for the guest experience and I know that our program works and suits everyone.

Hope to see you again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have traveled extensively and needed some downtime, which is very rare and I decided that I was going to do a detox. I had been to one before with a friend but this time I went alone. I was thrown into the detox on the first day and never looked back. I loved it. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was greeted by Etain and guided through the do's and don'ts of detoxing and of course the colemas and shown to my room.

I had looked at several other places and actually I was drawn to New Leaf because I had free internet and laundry service, the last thing I wanted to do while I was going through this detox was to worry about laundry and not being connected.

The room was clean and my laundry was done. Only downfall for me was the smell in the bathroom but that was because of the colemas and coffee... The colemas were done in your own room which for me personally I preferrered, I wasn't doing to be in a place that someone else had used only an hour before me. I didn't even have to clean up after that. The massages were good too, although I did treat myself to extra from 'Golden Hands' down the road.

There were walks every day if you wanted to go, but you didn't have too... I think I went on 3 during my whole time I was there. However I did yoga every day, except for after my liver cleanses. The yoga was Vinyasa Flow, and Etain was very accommodating to everyones needs. I have done years of yoga and so I know a good yoga instructor and she was excellent. I found the soups and juices good... I'm a picky eater so that was one area I was concerned about, but they were lovely!

Robin and Big were fabulous also, I found that I turned to Robin to help me with my liver flushes and for car rental, he always had a smile on his face no matter what... even when the island lost power for almost 3 days.

The liver flush was brutal... being honest and I was a big baby and didn't want to do it, but again with the guidance of the staff I did it and it wasn't that bad. There was a nurse every day and you could decide whether you wanted to see her or not. She was sweet and her english wasn't too bad so you could understand her.

On the whole this was an amazing experience for me. It wasn't invasive you were left to your own devices if you didn't want to get involved with the activities that were planned but you always knew that there was someone you could turn too if you needed them.

For me the trip was amazing, I was greeted from the airport and taken back, the staff were friendly and extremely helpful.

I believe that you get what you want out of a trip and detox like this. If you come in with a negative mind you will have that experience, but if you embrace it for what it is, a detox then you will have an amazing experience. I walked away with great knowledge and help from them. In fact I am still in touch with them now and I am doing my own juice detox at home and they are giving me advice now... I would certainly return! Thank you for an amazing time!

4 Thank 352LisaW
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your review. The review means a lot to us.

At New Leaf we always want to do our best and try to accommodate our guest as much as we can.

We want our guest experience to be stressed free (that's why we include the airport transfer, wifi, laundry and all inclusive service) and the guest can focus on their detox.

Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The reviews here tell it all -- some really like New Leaf; some really don't. I didn't. I made a rather spur of the moment decision to go somewhere for a detox. My top two choices did not have any openings, and when I called New Leaf, they did. I guess maybe that should have told me something. Nonetheless, I booked a 14-day stay.

It is very rustic, but I knew that going in based on reviews here.

I was grossed out by the colemas in your bathroom, as it did not seem very hygienic. Speaking of hygiene, I also saw the cleaning lady "washing" my drinking glass one day, and no kidding, she placed it under running water in the bathroom sink and just ran her hand around inside it, no soap or washing detergent was used. Just her bare hand the water. The same hand with which she cleaned the toilet, etc. Needless to say, I chose not to use the glass any more.

The owner, Air, did not show up on premises until I had been there a full week. I had been told when I arrived that she was away but would be back in two days. When I did finally meet her, she was very nice. Although she did make one interesting comment: she asked me, "what do you do?" and when I explained that we had recently moved to Singapore for my husband's job and I am no longer working, she said, "Oh, so you are just a housewife." Well, I'm not JUST a housewife, but okay. :) I never met KP, the other owner.

Robin who seemed to generally run things, is extremely nice and accommodating, as is Big, another young man who works there.

The sauna is only on for one hour a day. That is not terribly convenient.

The soups that are served for dinner taste great. The breakfast and lunch juice drinks are mostly/all fruit, and I was not expecting that. My understanding of detox drinks is that "green"/veggie is the way to go.

The nurse who comes in most mornings (but not all) seems quite sweet but is very difficult to understand.

Etain, one of the yoga teachers, goes way, way too fast for people who are not regular practitioners of yoga. I went to one class and no more for that reason.

Other than the cleanliness issues and the ickiness of the bathroom/colema setup, I have no complaints about my room. I loved my little porch and spent a lot of time on it.

The nearby gym where you have priviledges is kinda gross -- small and the dumbbells are rusty and the rust came off on my clothes.

One final thing that was a real negative for me: the place is noisy. Yowling cats and barking dogs and fireworks and yelling and... just not real retreat-y.

Finally, if you're going to lose weight, think hard about that. Yes, you will lose weight on 600 calories of liquid per day and daily colemas, but once you resume eating whole food, you are going to gain most if not all of it back. If you are mainly going for detox, as I was, as I said before, based on my understanding green veggie juices, along with small amount of fruit (which are high in fructose/sugar and therefore not great for detox), is far better.

Room Tip: well, I'm no recommending you go, but if you do, rooms around the pool are better than those tha...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank adaptogen
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear Kim,

Thank you for your review. We always take into account the concerns of our guests, and try to address them accordingly.

In response to your comment regarding hygiene: All our colema procedures are strictly monitored by our trained staff and all equipment is sterilized on a daily basis. Having taken your experience with your water glass into account, we would have addressed your concerns had you approached us the day it occurred. As you were a guest almost two months ago, it makes this a bit more tricky. I can assure you that cleanliness is of great importance to us and we will investigate it further.

Regarding your experience with Yoga: Etain would have welcomed any feedback regarding the Yoga class, as we often have students at different levels and we try to accommodate them all. During that time we had other guests who managed the yoga classes just fine and there were never any issues for them. Having said that, if Etain had known you were struggling with the class she would have adjusted the speed of the class for you but because you said nothing to her, she had no idea you couldn't manage. Had you have said something on the day, we could have resolved the issue and you could have enjoyed 13 more days of Yoga, so you did yourself a disservice by not saying anything until now. This could have been easily remedied.

When I came back I did have a several chats with you and asked how are things and what can I do for you and you said everything is fine. When other guests brought to my attention that you were rude to them and I asked you again what else can I accommodate you and you said nothing.

As for our juice menu: Our program includes three vegetable juices: Kale, Carrot, Yam Bean, and Cucumber/Apple, so we do include vegetable juices in the program. We have designed our program to be such that people have the energy and stamina to take part in the activities whilst still getting the benefits of the detox program. There are many different programs out there that achieve weight-loss and detox goals, and we believe ours to be one of the best. Fruit is a natural cleansing and purifying food and thus the choice for many programs on the market.

With 35% of our occupancy coming from repeat guests who achieve their goals, the numbers speak for themselves.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at New Leaf, but you did complete the program and you did achieve results. However any issues you experienced could have been resolved during your stay, had you addressed them with us at the time.

Thank you for your feedback.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

I've just completed my 4th trip to New Leaf, and - needless to say - I love the place. Air and her team run an amazing resort and make the detox as stress-free as possible. The day is structured around liquid 'meals', yoga, daily walks and colemas, and guests are free to go to the gym, beach or shopping as they please. A personal trainer is also available to hire for private sessions, or you can take a trip to the local Muay Thai gym and be trained by the excellent boxers there.

As for the detox meals, New Leaf provides freshly made juices, smoothies and soups which provide a range of natural nutrients as well as vital supplements including spirulina and psyllium husk. This is not a resort that uses cheap 'fillers' such as vitamin pills or endless cups of fibre and little actual food. They use fresh fruit and vegetables in all their meals, and use organic wherever available.

Each time I have been to New Leaf, I have arrived bloated, lethargic and run-down, and the difference the detox has made has been incredible. This most recent trip, I have lost 10kgs in just two weeks and look and feel like a completely new person. I have also watched countless other guests find a new zest for life after detox. The work New Leaf does to change lives is literally priceless.

The price is all-inclusive and the small, personalised resort means that every guest gets all the attention they need. I highly recommend New Leaf to anyone wanting a fresh start and to have their body performing at it's best.

3 Thank sydneytraveller24
Dear Irena,

Thank you for the review.

Muay Thai is another way to burn the extra calories while you're detoxing and the benefit is not just the exercise, it helps release tension and stress ;-)

You're like a family to us now. Take care and we see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I just got back from doing an 8 day detox/cleansing at New Leaf and I really enjoyed my time there. Before I got there I didn't really know what to expect as this was my first time of detoxing but as soon as I arrived I felt absolutely comfortable after talking to Etain and some of the guests there and familiarized myself with the program. The program is easy to follow and there are enough activities throughout the whole day to keep you busy and the time just flies and takes your mind off ( in my case at least ) of eating and makes you enjoy yourself in other ways.
The staff was very helpful all the time and talking to Air makes you feel really positive as she's full of life and energy.
The other guest were very friendly and we even had a couple of nights out but strictly juice only :)
The resort is really nice and the rooms comfortable and you can either relax in your spare time or otherwise there are plenty of things to do within the resort or outside of it so i highly recommend it for a detox holiday.

1 Thank Andrea-in-London
Thank you for your review.

A lot of first timer are often surprised that the fasting and detox are not as hard as they think it might be. Our program is gentle and easy to follow. ;-)

I always have the guest come to me and say "Why I'm not hungry?" Because there is no moment that we starve you. We provide you with lots of nutrients and everything you need.

Hope to see you again :-)

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I met Air during my training trips to Samui where I normally do a lot of Muay Thai, cycling and swimming. She provided me with a lot of valuable tips on where to cycle, where to get good massages, eat well and where to buy food.

Her knowledge and care for the well being of others was the reason why I decided to spend my next holiday at New Leaf Detox. Not because I wanted to lose weight, not because I wanted to quit smoking or drinking. But as a fairly sporty person, I felt I needed a time-out to clean myself from all the training, the bad air in Hong Kong, the (sometimes) bad quality of the food, when you eat outside and cannot choose the location and just to relax my body and mind.

To be honest I was a bit worried in advance that I would be bored or restless because I am so used to being active.

With mixed feelings I arrived and checked into my bungalow, which was far better than what I had normally stayed in during my holidays on Samui and I instantly felt like home.

The whole week I was beeing taken care of perfectly. The team was always around, had time to talk to everybody and we had some great discussions about sports and nutrition, where I learnt a lot from the tremendous knowledge of the team.

I did not get bored at all, there were plenty of activities to choose from during the day. My most favourite one was the ball balance yoga, which I was eagerly waiting for every day.

I also had a great time with all the other guests, having chats on our walks along the beach, sharing Muay Thai lessons together or just sitting in the "living room" together.

The juices, smoothies and soups were just delicious, all fresh, and nutrious, wonderful combinations.

All in all, a fantastic experience, not only if you want to lose weight but also if you just want to treat yourself.

Thanks you, Team New Leaf, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Well where do I start ? Like everyone about embark on a journey into the unknown I was a little apprehensive considering I booked for 28 days Transformation package. As you can tell I dont do things in halfs. I was meet by Robin one of the representatives of the resort on my arrival. He explained what the protocol was and how in detail the program worked. He offered a last supper in one of the local restaurants. I declined as I had prepared my body & mind before hand with a careful diet guilded by Air.
The best advice I can offer anyone is like life you only get back what you put in and if you give the program the benefit of the doubt it works. Give it 100% & you will get 200% back if not more like I did. The walks the Yoga and the Gym & the diet its not easy I had good days & bad ones but who doesnt . I am intending to return next year to put me back on track if I steer a little of the path of health & fittness & wellbeing. I forgot I lost 12KG & look and feel great . Good Luck & Enjoy?

Room Tip: When booking email Air the owner and request a quite room if one is avilable she will more then be h...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Beach Republic The Residences
#4 of 50 in Lamai Beach
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort
Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa

Been to New Leaf Detox Resort? Share your experiences!