“back on good track”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
New Leaf Detox Resort
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I never write reviews but this one is worth writing it, especially when it helped me to get back on track:
When I arrived at the new leaf resort for a 7 days detox program, i had no idea what i was going to experience, and when I arrived, i was a wreck...my body hurt, it was inflated, and tired. On top of this, my right arm hurt like hell...
After 7 days of the program, my right arm did not hurt anymore thanks to a special massage, and exercices; my skin was better than never thanks to the healthy food and the good rest. In fact, my mind and my body are very greatful to all the great team of New Leaf Detox Resort, who was always warmhearted with good advices and at your service, they made you feel like home. On top of this, the other participants of the program did not hesitate to share their experience and tips with the new comers. As the number of participants was limited, and the staff always there when you needed them, the atmosphere was very cozy.
I lost weight without being hungry and without being tired. The nutrition talk also helped me understand much better what I was eating and especially how bad I was eating.
When I came back, i noticed the boost of energy i had acquired, the pain disappeared, my mind and my body had very positive wave : I was back on track :)
In conclusion, many thanks to the New detox resort team, you've put me back not only on track, but on the good track !!!
Christine H, Paris (France)

Room Tip: i had a junior room (20 sqm) and it was just fine and clean. It was cleaned on a daily basis with la...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Bonjour Christine,

Thank you for your review.

We're very happy that we could help you get back on track.

Keep up the good works!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

It was my very first detox experience and I loved it! I stayed at New Leaf for one week, not so much for loosing weight, but for regaining energy and out of curiosity. The people at New Leaf are very professional, friendly and make the most out of everyones stay. The bungalows are simple, but just right for the time there. Joining the detox program means to have a busy schedule: Morning walks on the beach, juice and smoothie times, great yoga classes every day, aqua aerobics, steam room and other activities. Its fun to do, especially because once you're there you are part of a big family. Especially for someone travelling alone this can be extremely helpful. I promise you'll never be lonely at New Leaf. I met a lot of great people there. Especially I want to thank Robin for beeing the way he is, so funny, helpful and warmhearted. I really liked the aqua aerobic lessons with him.
I think I have learned a lot in my one week, about food, energy and meditation. I also lost some weight, which is pretty good.
If there is one advice I could give the New Leaf team it would be this one: It would be great to have a personal or mental coach at hand. I think for some people a new way of looking at life opens while they stay at your place and for them it would be good to talk to a professional about it.
I really loved to stay at New Leaf and I know already now that one day I will come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again in the future ;-)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

without any question excellent ,superb for purpose!.I went for a 28 day detox and lost 20plus kg ,it was easy and I was happy and hated leaving my new family at the resort!.the knowledge ,experience and kindness shown me will stay with me for many years to come .A truly wonderful experience.please try it and change your health forever !!!!

Room Tip: get a larger room for any stay longer than 14days
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank maurice_amdur
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

You're a part of our family too.

You did amazingly well and you will inspire a lot more people.

Keep up the great works and stay in touch.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I completed a 21 day detox in November 2013. After reading reviews and considering alternatives, I decided on New Leaf Detox Resort - best decision ever! I found the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful and I met some amazing people during my stay.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and I found the activities provided by New Leaf to be very enjoyable. Having never done a detox previously, I guess I expected to feel hungry and lethargic for the time I was there - nothing could be further from the truth! I don't recall feeling hungry at any stage, and the juices & soups all tasted great!

I came away from the program feeling the most relaxed that I had felt in years! My skin looked great, and I felt healthier and more energetic than I had in a long time.

I would recommend New Leaf Detox Resort for anyone wanting to do a detox, and I will definitely be going again myself!

Thanks to Air, KP, Robbie & Etain for such a positive experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Robbie147

Thank you for your review.

When you have a right balance nutrient, your won't be hungry ;-)

Keep up the great works and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I chose New Leaf because of the great Tripadvisor ratings and because the program itself sounded more down-to-earth and realistic than a lot of detox resorts. It was my first detox ever, so I don’t have anything to compare it to other than what can be found online or from personal anecdotes, but here’s my take:

The Ambiance:
First of all, New Leaf is strictly a detox resort; only people doing their detox programme are there. Also, everyone at the resort is there for more or less the same reason: to improve his/her health. I was expecting a lot of negativity and competition, but this couldn’t be further from the reality; It was as if all of the guests wanted to succeed and to support each other, and made for a truly lovely experience. Because you’re going through the same things, you make friends and acquaintances that you might not make otherwise; there were guests from all over the world when I was there! There was a great amount of respect for personal space as well, and I found this to be very important when doing a detox. You will have bad days and moments, so it’s important to be able to withdraw. For this reason, I can’t see doing a detox with a spouse or loved one, but a lot of people have done so with great results.

What Goes In:
I did a lot of reading on various programmes prior to signing up with New Leaf, and the biggest draw for me was the fact that you’re eating/drinking REAL, organic stuff. Air, the Program Director, has designed all the recipes herself and oversees the programme. For breakfast, you have a delicious glass of juice, for lunch, a smoothie, and for dinner, a HUGE bowl of thick soup. Best of all, the flavours are different each day of the week. There is also a green juice “snack” at mid-day, and supplements at various times, but the supplements seem to complement the programme rather than being the crux of it. There are various teas available at all times, and I never felt hungry. None of this “veggie broth, lemon water, and laxative clay” that some other detox places feature! There is no caffeine or added sugar in the program, so if you are addicted to either one, you will feel seriously horrid on the second and/or third days. <shudders> Afterwards, though, your physical addiction will be broken, and you’ll have an amazing amount of energy.

What Comes Out:
Ahh, the dreaded Colema (coffee break). I almost cried when it was first explained to me, and the first time was… errr… challenging, to say the least. It got much easier, though. All of the details are explained to you, and while it’s not exactly pleasant, the effects are well worth it. You feel nice and clean and empty afterward, and it’s all done in the privacy of your bathroom. The colema fairy comes when you leave your bungalow, and everything is spic and span on your return. Tip: I brought my wheeled suitcase into the bathroom to act as an “end table” with my cellphone , a book, tissues, and whatever else you may need to pass the time. It’s only twelve minutes, but twelve minutes with that much coffee in your colon feels a lot longer. Candy Crush helps.

The Liver Flush (What Comes Out Part II):
You are given some flexibility as to which days to do your liver flush. Although another woman had a dreadful time when doing it during her period, I found the opposite to be true. I was ALREADY lacking energy, so it ended up being the perfect time to be mostly bungalow-bound. The guests discussed their liver flushes (often in GREAT detail), and the single theme that I could find was that everyone experienced it differently. You feel amazing afterward, though!

The Lay of the Land:
The resort is nice, but basic. The grounds are nicely tended, and the bungalows are rustic, but comfortable; each has a very comfy chair and table on the porch. Looking back, it’s the perfect place to do a detox; you have everything you need to be comfortable, and nothing excessive to distract you. Every detail has been thought of in terms of amenities, so don’t worry about packing anything you won’t need on the plane. Toothpaste, toothbrush, tongue scraper, and the most amazing-smelling body-wash, shampoo, and conditioner are waiting for you. There’s bug spray and sunscreen in the lobby for guests to use. There was other stuff too, but I’ve since forgotten. Your laundry is done daily, too, so no need to pack too much! Bring at least three sets of workout clothes, though. (More if you’re coming when it’s hot)

The Things We Do (Activities):
Wake up early for a beach or jungle walk. Weigh-in/Blood pressure/medical stuff if you need it. Yoga with Sylvie (who singlehandedly made me fall in love with yoga; truly an amazing teacher). Workshop (Different days, different workshops. I enjoyed them all, especially the nutrition talk; very informative!) Colema. Massage (best part of the day!) Workout if you choose. Aqua Aerobics. Steam room (Oh MY…). Whatever else you want to do(walk, shopping, go out with friends for coconut water, night market, beach, crash early, read, whatever. It’s Koh Samui; finding something to do is never a problem). You can opt out of any of the activities depending on how you feel, but the more you do, the better your results will be. There is a nice collection of books to borrow to read in your free time, as well as a huge selection of DVDs. (Each bungalow has a TV and DVD player). There are also extra activities for which you can sign up. I suggest personal training (KP is fantastic and teaches you things you can do on your own after you leave) and zip lining! I didn’t try cycling, but others did and loved it.

The People:
Special thanks to Robin, Etain, Air, Sylvie, KP, and everyone else who made this such a fantastic experience. I’m not sure if they’ve done it voluntarily or as part of working there, but everyone working at New Leaf has done a detox there, so they know what you’re going through and can explain ways to make things easier. They’re all willing to help with any questions or offer advice, and are there throughout the day. This is truly an amazing detox resort with amazing people, and I will definitely be back! Thanks for everything!

Almost two weeks after a two-week stint at New Leaf, I STILL feel amazing, and the weight has stayed off. People have complimented me on my weight loss, my skin, and my energy level. And the whole time I was there, I watched other people transform before my eyes, too! Truly amazing!

Room Tip: The good people-watching rooms overlook the beachwalk by the river, and the quiet, tranquil ones sur...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
16  Thank splattitude

Thank you for such a thorough review ;-)

It will be very useful to others.

I'm sure a lot of guests will follow your tip about "Candy Crush" ;-)

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I guess enough has been said about how fantastic this place is.

Two weeks back to snowy Beijing, we still miss New Leaf and everyone we met there. From what we saw, the place was spotless, the program well organized, and all staff very friendly and helpful.

A few words about the program itself:

---Food
The fruit juice, smoothies and green drink served for breakfast, lunch and afternoon break are SUPERB, even the apple juice for liver flush days is the BEST I have ever had. Well, sounds like I’m exaggerating but I come from a place where fruits and vegetables are grown in greenhouses and ripened by chemicals. The vegetable broth for dinner is…not for Asian stomachs (nor for quite a few Caucasian stomachs), but it is very easy to digest and helps burn extra fat fast. It was surprising how the food plus a few supplements should make us feel full almost all day long on such low calories.

---Workout
Morning walk every day expect Saturday, before breakfast is served. Get your shorts and sandals ready if you go for the beach walk. The tide is pretty high. We, like many other guests, preferred walking the jungle trails. It was longer, tougher and much more fun. The sounds of dogs, chickens and buffalos reminded me of the ideal societies described in Tao Qian’s Peach Blossom Spring and Laotzu’s Tao Te Ching. Great fun. Fellow guests were from all around the world. Strike up a conversation and before you know it you are back from the 9km/12km walk.

Morning yoga was great. I have been practicing yoga on and off for 10 years and I see Sylvie as a very professional and helpful tutor. She’s got an accent, but you get used to her instructions pretty quick. She also conducts a meditation session every Wednesday.

Afternoon water aerobics were taking place when we were there. The weather was a bit chilly, but you didn’t feel much once you were in the pool. Even a Jewish lady in her late 70s was able to do that.

Gym is off site, but it only takes like 2 minutes to walk there.

---Activities
Etain’s nutrition talk is the highlight. It helps expel many of the myths about healthy eating. One thing I liked most was she told us to “listen to our bodies.” She did encourage cutting most if not all carbs out of our diets, but also admitted this might not work for Asian people like us: the key is to listen carefully to our bodies’ needs. It also helped me realize how important it was to cook at home. We seldom did because work was busy and it was so cheap to eat out in China. Now that we know better our kitchen is becoming useful.

Robin’s Sunday cooking class is something you don’t want to miss. It leaves everybody drooling on the table.

Thai kick boxing was fun. Good tummy exercise. My bubby enjoyed it.

---Colema and liver flush

For some these may be a bit extreme. For me it is at least better than those detox places where they force you to drink 1L lime water every morning. We and several fellow guests were worried if such intrusive practices would affect our bowl movement afterwards. Air, Etain and Kate reassured us. By far my hubby and I are doing fine.

My only suggestion for girls would be: don’t do liver flush during your period or if you feel unwell. It can be very uncomfortable and vomiting.

---Message and herbal steam
Too good to be true

---Accommodation and environment
Basic but spotlessly clean. Bungalows facing the pool are not as noisy as those facing the street. Still, the retreat is densely planted so be prepared to hear cats, geckos and all sorts of insects at night, and a few jackfruits hitting your porch as well. Our bungalow had a minor bee attack on our last day, but it was dealt with in an efficient manner.

At last, a big thank you to Air, her partner KP, Robin, Etain, Kate and all staff members. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Betty Y
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

We really appreciate that you took the time to write such a thorough review :-)

It will be our pleasure to have you with us again.

Take care and keep up the good works!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had my first detox programme here with my husband and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff here are very helpful, supportive and always so motivating. Thanks to Air, Robin, KP, Kate for the motivation. Both of my husband and i were quite skeptical about doing a detox at first and have no knowledge about it. After we joined this programme, it's amazing. We got to meet people from other countries and make friends. It was really tough the first day but somehow we get used to it the following day and day after. The morning walk is challenging for us since we did not really exercise back in our country due to busy schedules. We can managed to walk 10-12km during our stays here and it's really an achievement for us. We just love the tasty soup/juice recipes that Air has created for this programme, which makes detox meals so enjoyable.

The resort is very cosy and comfortable and it's just beside Lamai beach. We really enjoyed the massage & herbal steambath everyday. A

During our programme, we managed to lose weight healthily & lose inches on our body within 7 days of detox. Most important is both of us learned a lot about nutritious food and the importance of choosing the right food for our daily meals.

Lastly we will like to thank Air for the wonderful programme. We will definitely come again next year for our yearly detox.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

We were very happy to get to see your transformation, even within one week you were with us.
You two did very well. You should be proud of yourself.

Take care and see you again :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
1 mi away
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
0 mi away
Nirvana Detox Healing Center

Been to New Leaf Detox Resort? Share your experiences!