My wife and I booked this hotel on June 27th for a January trip checking in on New Years Day. I called the day before to confirm my reservations while I was in Bangkok and the front desk Maeow told me that my reservation was canceled. I told her that there is no way as hotels.com had confirmed with me twice that we were all set. She asked that I call back in two hours which I did and then she told me that we were confirmed and everything was ok.
When I arrived at the hotel she sat us down and told us that there might have been a computer error that cancelled our trip and she was positive that it wasnt them. She told me that she can put us up in a different hotel for the night. We had no other option but to go there. We stayed at the Banburee hotel which was a dump. The room felt like nobody stayed in it and wasnt cleaned thoroughly. We were told that our hotel at the Fenix would be ready at noon and we would be picked up.
We were picked up at noon but our room was not ready until 4pm. They gave us towels to sit by the pool but no chairs were available.
HERE'S THE KICKER, I called hotels.com and the FENIX admitted to being overbooked for the night. Hotels.com told me that there is no communication with the hotel regarding the cancellation of my booking. Hotels.com told me to call them when I get back.
I asked the Fenix for proof of the so called cancellation upon checkout and my entire reservation had strips of white paper cut and taped on it to hide the confirmation information. I asked Joy at the front desk to provide me with copies and she started taping the document right in front of me white white strips of paper. Then when I told her I want it as is she said she can not give it to me.
I have requested 1.5 days of a refund from hotels.com and they are waiting for the hotel to get back to them. I would actually write a really good review about this hotel because it was very nice. However, having paid for the 1.5 days that I did not physically stay in the hotel is absurd to me. SO BE VERY CAREFUL.
They admitted to getting a lot of walk ins during new years AND another group that ended up staying the same night at the Banburee also encountered the same problem
I WILL EDIT THIS REVIEW AND GIVE THEM A VERY GOOD REVIEW IF I GET REFUNDED BUT UNTIL THEN I MUST SAY IT WAS A SCARY AND CARELESS MISTAKE MADE BY THE HOTEL. I SAW THE PROOF MYSELF AND THEY TRIED TO COVER IT UP
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you set your internal compass resolutely to the south of the island, you will find Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort (former Fenix Beach Resort Samui), an exclusive retreat set on a privileged location on the beachfront of Lamai with a panoramic and breathtaking view of the Gulf of Thailand. It is an Eden where the air is fresh and crisp and the landscape overflowing with well manicured tropical gardens. This is a private beach resort that is not only enchanting but also breathtakingly beautiful. Blending seamlessly with nature's beauty, green is the dominant color of the landscape coupled with the simplicity of contemporary convenience. Personal with an extra dose of privacy, the rooms and villas exude warm natural hues while the variety of services and facilities will complete a fun-filled stay. Facilities include a generous swimming pool set against the backdrop of the turquoise seas, a restaurant and beach bar, an outdoor Thai massage sala, a meeting room, an indoor fitness room and complimentary shuttle trips to the centre of Lamai. A mixture of unique cultural experiences, undreamed visual images and exotic tropical recreation will all combine to form lasting vivid memories of a perfect vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Samui Fenix Hotel Koh Samui
- Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach