We booked a seaview room which came with a big balcony with a couch and table, king size bed, flat screen tv and free wifi. The pool wasn't that big but it never felt crowded. The pool bathroom was gross.. it always smelled horrible and the toilets were really dirty looking.They have more rooms than chairs and beds by the pool so people wake up early to claim their spot. They have a towel system where you get a beach bag that you place outside your room by 9pm and they pick up your used towels and replace them by 9am the next day in the basket.
Breakfast had a live egg station where you could order almost anything. In addition, they always had potatoes, bread, salad, bacon and various thai dishes available.
The beach was nice but you need to be careful where you enter the water because many spots have large sharp rocks on the ocean floor.
The hotel has several restaurants within walking distance, a 7-11 and a family mart for waters, alcohol and snacks. Their spa prices were very cheap but good quality massages. An hour long massage was 300-500 baht for one hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you set your internal compass resolutely to the south of the island, you will find Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort (former Fenix Beach Resort Samui), an exclusive retreat set on a privileged location on the beachfront of Lamai with a panoramic and breathtaking view of the Gulf of Thailand. It is an Eden where the air is fresh and crisp and the landscape overflowing with well manicured tropical gardens. This is a private beach resort that is not only enchanting but also breathtakingly beautiful. Blending seamlessly with nature's beauty, green is the dominant color of the landscape coupled with the simplicity of contemporary convenience. Personal with an extra dose of privacy, the rooms and villas exude warm natural hues while the variety of services and facilities will complete a fun-filled stay. Facilities include a generous swimming pool set against the backdrop of the turquoise seas, a restaurant and beach bar, an outdoor Thai massage sala, a meeting room, an indoor fitness room and complimentary shuttle trips to the centre of Lamai. A mixture of unique cultural experiences, undreamed visual images and exotic tropical recreation will all combine to form lasting vivid memories of a perfect vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Samui Fenix Hotel Koh Samui
- Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach