We were met by Steve at the airport who quickly gave us a breakdown of key attractions and events happening on the Island. What you see is what you get with Steve, now known to us as "The Ledge".
Never have we been made to feel more welcome during our stay at Chaulty Towers from beginning to end. The Ledge invited us to watch his latest attempt for global musical dominance at the Billabong bar in a small fishing village 45 minutes away. It was a great night, made more interesting by the fact his partner in crime that night is a far better musican and the first chinks of The Ledges armor may well of been appearing. We finished in the early hours the following day following drinks in a few of the many watering holes in Lamai.
We found The Ledge's knowledge of Koh Samui's attractions and best spots to visit invaluable as we were only staying for 6 nights. Boat trips to Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park, The Waterfalls, Elephant Rides, "C" & "P" rock (The Ledge can explain...) social gatherings and birthday party's were either all arranged or invites extended to guests (a nice touch). Unusual breakfast requests were also met with military precision and accuracy.
If we decided to go elsewhere, we were always offered lifts there and back. This was no more appropriate and welcome than that of our trip to the reggae Rock Bar. An awesome setting and evening endured, which quickly revealed The Ledge has no chinks in his armor.
We were sad to leave, but will be oh so happy to return with a bigger brood and gang next year.
Steve - you are "The Ledge"
Thanks for a great holiday!!
Stuart & Jaime
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small villa style hotel, husband (UK) and wife (Thai) owned and managed. Visitors arrive as guests and leave as friends and often return several times every year. Don't be fooled by our low price, our rooms are of a higher standard than some much more expensive hotels and resorts. Enjoy a cold beer at the pools edge, we also have BBQs every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chaulty Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaulty Towers Hotel Lamai Beach
- Chaulty Towers Ko Samui/Lamai Beach