Where to start? We booked this as part of a 4 week trip to Phuket and Koh Samui purely because of the excellent reviews this has. We stayed for 4 nights in February. Our overall accommodation in Thailand consisted of a mixture of budget and luxury. The price we paid for this was on a par with one in Patong and one in Phuket Town, both of which we have given excellent reviews, so price is not the issue. I e mailed Steve to see if he could provide the airport transfer and he said he would. After waiting for an hour at the airport I found his telephone number and rang him to be told that his wife had gone away and he was busy so could not pick us up. He did, however, give us a free transfer to our next hotel on the island so that was good of him. We had a deluxe room but quite frankly it was not what I would call deluxe. Yes, it was bigger than the other rooms but quite dirty i.e. the shower curtain was filthy, the curtains did not meet in the middle and were hanging down off the rail. In addition the owner's 2 dogs were free to wander in and lay down whenever our door was open. This in itself was not a problem as we have a dog ourselves but the dogs in question had a considerable amount of tics and fleas which you could see quite clearly. Also, one of the dogs took to sitting in the swimming pool when it was hot. I can say that Steve was very accommodating in offering lifts to the town and the beach but if your prefer a hotel with a little anonymity this would not be for you. If you want somewhere cheap then it is good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small villa style hotel, husband (UK) and wife (Thai) owned and managed. Visitors arrive as guests and leave as friends and often return several times every year. Don't be fooled by our low price, our rooms are of a higher standard than some much more expensive hotels and resorts. Enjoy a cold beer at the pools edge, we also have BBQs every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Chaulty Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaulty Towers Hotel Lamai Beach
- Chaulty Towers Ko Samui/Lamai Beach