My partner & I stayed at chaulty towers for a total of 5 nights during our trip to the islands. On Arrival at the airport we were greeted by Steve the owner & we met his lovely wife & daughter. He informed us that he had upgraded us to a deluxe room which was great :) very spacious room, clean, good shower, TV & DVD, coffee facilities, air con & seating area outside. During our stay we also stayed in the basic room, which we also found very comfortable & it had same amenities as deluxe room, just smaller in size & no seating outside, therefore we would recommend either. We had Steves English breakfast most mornings which was amazing & great value! PG tips, marmite, amazing sausages, highly recommend!
The area is peaceful & quiet & about a 15 minute walk to beach which is fine & actually Steve gave us many lifts into town & to the beach so we only had to walk one way. The only reason I have given the location 4 stars instead of 5 because I found walking home at night a little scary as there are dogs in the street on the way back that are territorial & bark at you. This is obviously not a problem if you get a taxi back or if they're asleep :)
We loved staying at Chaulty towers, mainly because Steve is a brilliant host. You can see that he wants to get to know all of his guests & ensure they have the best time in samui. He was always so friendly & helpful, booked trips/boats for us & when I was poorly & he said himself "you don't have to worry about anything staying here" which is very true!
Thanks to Steve & his family for a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small villa style hotel, husband (UK) and wife (Thai) owned and managed. Visitors arrive as guests and leave as friends and often return several times every year. Don't be fooled by our low price, our rooms are of a higher standard than some much more expensive hotels and resorts. Enjoy a cold beer at the pools edge, we also have BBQs every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chaulty Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaulty Towers Hotel Lamai Beach
- Chaulty Towers Ko Samui/Lamai Beach