“Attractive”

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Attractive”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The place was visited some 3 months back when I had to travel the city for the purpose of attending a wedding. The place was filled with so many exciting stuff that I felt like staying there forever. I was thrilled to see the beauty of the place and everything that I saw there. There were pools and other facilities that were enjoyed there by all and sundry. The hotel was full packed and I was lucky to get a good room without any trouble. This was all due to being proactive rather than reactive. This means that I had to book the hotel room several months before arrival. So a piece of advice for all readers is to get an online booking or simply get it booked if any of your family friend or relative is there. Since the demand for rooms are high, especially in mild weather because of the arrival of tourists, a booking done in advance is very beneficial and avoids pitfalls to be seen later.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 20 December 2013

When I visited Thailand with a few of my colleagues, we stayed at the Chaulty Towers in Koh Samui. The owners of the resort (Steve and Ora) did everything in their capacity to make us feel at home. The rooms were large and spacious and we even had access to a pool and a Jacuzzi! The view from our room was spectacular, and the food was delicious. Steve took us around the surrounding areas and showed us some fabulous beaches and bars. We were really touched by the hospitality of this family and enjoyed our stay. I’m glad we chose Chaulty Towers over the others!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This place is like having your own home in Koh Samui. I could not believe the hospitality of the owners and the accommodating conditions. We have everything you need in this place. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable and very very well equipped with anything you need. Outside you have a nice pool and a Jacuzzi. Steven and his wife Ora are fabulous and will offer you some of the best breakfasts you’ve had. Also their attitude and friendliness is better than what I’ve seen in 5 stars hotel. I liked it very, very much. Incredible place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Best stay for
Money Steve and family looked after me had to move a few times due to being fully booked my fault as only
Initially booked 3 days all rooms met all my expectations felt at home quite at night but close enough main attractions which suited me best breakfast out side uk have booked to stay again in jan next year paul c

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Get A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I thought I was going to get a 2 star resort however when I turned up at Chaulty Towers, it was much better than I had expected. The owner Steven, showed us around as soon as we arrived and gave us the best locations of where to dine and go out during the day and in the evenings. The room was pleasant, very big, clean and right outside the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. The breakfasts were great, Steven knows how to make a good English Breakfast with a good cuppa tea!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Hily K
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We just came back from our stay in Thailand and decided to stay longer in koh Samui after arriving at Chaulty towers. Steve is an amazing host and he made us feel very welcome! He immediately offered to show us arround Lamai and gave us a lot of helpfull tips. We stayed in one of the rooms near the swimming pool. The room was great! It was very spacious, with a hot water shower, a good bed, airconditioning and a nice fridge. We felt very much at home. Because the hotel is a little walk from Lamai (about 10 minutes), the surrounding is pretty quiet so we got a good night sleep! We rented a motorbike through Steve (which we highly recommend!). For a fair price Steve also brought us to the airport. We loved our stay at Chaulty en if we come back to koh Samui, we'll definitly stay at Chaulty again!

Room Tip: we also stayed in the room upstairs for one night (because of a misunderstanding) but we liked the r...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank AgnesNick
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

A nice chap called Steve runs the place, it's lovely, nice little pool, very private, fantastic rooms. Steve will bend over backwards for you, he'll drive you into town, show you around, introduce you to people. Great guy, and he speaks fluent Thai. I love the honour system he uses for the bar too, you write down what you've taken and pay for it at the end, and of course no one would betray that kind of trust when it is offered to you. And the coconuts are free! The only down side is the location isn't brilliant but it's definitely not terrible. Decent rates, recommend it.

Room Tip: Ground for rooms by the pool are good but they all have a little seating area outside and loungers...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
#11 of 50 in Lamai Beach
Escape Beach Resort
Escape Beach Resort
#8 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Chaulty Towers? Share your experiences!