“Great place to stay”
Review of Chaulty Towers

Chaulty Towers
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 27 July 2014

You can't say a bad word at all about Chaulty Towers. If you are ever in Koh Samui this is a must stay place!!
Chautly Towers is friendly, clean, relaxing, breakfast very good and Steve is very helpful. I wish that we had longer here we will definitely stay at Chaulty Towers again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Rooms were clean and tidy being cleaned everyday. Breakfast in the morning was great.

Steve the owner was cool, helped with suggesting good places to go eat or chill. Happy to give us lifts into town. Pool within was good as well. Great price would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Big thankyou to Steve & his wife & the cleaning lady for making my holiday fun & memorable I was there for 16 nights.
Yum breakfasts to start the day, fresh clean room daily, awesome swimming pool, our own tour guide in the evening show us around fun times.

Home away from home friendly fella provides great service to his customers, he rates himself at pool not that good haha.

Thanks Steve see you again soon

Room Tip: Bottom floor middle room right by the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Nice little place, lovely pool within. Very personal service, Steve more than happy to give you a lift into town and gave us a great rundown of what's what in the area. Offers home cooked breakfast and an honesty bar a nice touch. Great price,
would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank MattEm3
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Steve, the owner, is a great guy with a great guesthouse. Nice and clean bed rooms, excellent service, good tips and tricks for a great stay, good and tasty breakfast, etc... . If you want to enjoy your stay on Koh Samui, go to Chaulty towers. Backpackers might say it is expensive, but I think it is excellent value for your money. A nice pool also.

I loved my stay here and will always return here when on koh Samui. Thanks Steve!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kristof V
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just had 5 more nights with Steve at Chaulty Towers. We had 3 rooms with a group of friends. The rooms are still excellent value. Nice bed and bath. Ice cool air-con, fan, good sized fridge for supplies, and all for 1000THB.
Steve's service and interaction remain a major draw card. Had a couple of nights out with him as usual playing some pool. He even setup a gig for us for a small fee between the 10 or so of us at a local Thai bar. Good fun, and finally got to hear Steve and Noise his Thai guitarist belt out a few tunes. Very impressive. He offers lifts whenever needed around Lamai, and even ferried people out for food during some heavy downpours.
As usual met some really nice people staying there. A long term resident being the pick of the bunch.
Steve now has new 125cc bikes for rent too. Proved very useful for our usual trekking adventures.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed with Steve for 20 nights between April-May 2014. I was influenced by the lack of negative feedback on Tripadvisor and now I know why - there aren't any negatives. I took on board the point of bookng well in advance (some 10 months ago).

I arrivd at Samui airport not knowing what to expect and questioned the wisdom of booking for almost 3 weeks purely on the basis of TA reviews. However, Steve was at the airport to collect me and all my doubts were put to rest. He subsequently offered to give me lifts to various places in the resort and on the island. His local knowledge, and ability to speak Thai, opened lots of doors for me. Nothing is too much toule for him.

I was on holiday by myself but soon made good freinds at Chaulty. Many were repeat visitors who all poured praise on Steve from past visits.

I was lucky enought to get a free accommodation upgrade during my visit but there was absolutely nothing at all wrong with the room hat I was in. All rooms are spotlessly clean and all your possessions are very safe.

The pool is fantastic and you can frequently have it to yourself. Opposite Chaulty is a very good laundry that charges next to nothing to return your clothes cleaned and ironed (you only need to take 2 or 3 of things sch as shirts/tops - I overpacked!)

The nearest beach is probably a 10 minute fast walk away with the best part of the beach for swimming about 20. However, there are lots of places to stop for refreshment on the way and Steve is always and about and willingly offers you a ride.

Stee also has bikes to hire which makes getting around the island very easy. The rates are exremely good.

I shall join the number of returning guests to Chaulty. Steve was a good friend during my stay and I hope by the time I return, hs catamaran is up and running.

He would be delighted if you could pack the odd bottle of Branston Pickle, box of PG Tips or tin of corned beef.

Chaulty is a treasure, a hidden oasis. Enjoy your stay there - I did!

Room Tip: The two upper rooms provide the best privacy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
#13 of 51 in Lamai Beach
Bonny Hotel
Bonny Hotel
#19 of 51 in Lamai Beach

Been to Chaulty Towers? Share your experiences!