The luxury Sea View room was exactly that! The room was in the front of a 3 storey building with a balcony, 2 chairs and a table over looking the pool,then the sand and the beautiful beach with no obstacles in the way apart from a few coconut trees. The hotel could not be in a more better and central location. About a 1 min walk to the main road, right behind McDonalds along with two 7/11 stores across from each other.The boxing ring,the bars and all the restaurants right there!
We were absolutely delighted with our choice of hotel in terms of location and the reception staff were ever so helpful and positive. They even organised our motorbike rental to be dropped off and picked up at the hotel for the same price as the vendor. The room was a little outdated and although it was a decent size, the small LCD tv was attached in a corner on the ceiling making it difficult to read subtitles etc. Of course Im picking now, the air-con worked well and the room was clean. There was no in-room tea/coffee facility but it was free near reception 24hrs. The breakfast was great on the beach as well. The gardens and surroundings were peaceful and we were never disturbed by any noise from the street or elsewhere. We had absolutely no internet through-out our entire stay, I even purchased a signal strengthener for the wifi but we were just too far away from the only modem the hotel had which was at the reception, they told us they would be upgrading soon but it was a bit annoying to go down to reception everytime I needed to do some work. All in all for comfort,view and location I think it cant be beat for the price. There are two hotels in the vicinity with similar names and we went to the wrong one,our hotel came and picked us up for free! Over all we are happy customers. Lamai Beach is definitely a couples and families area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centra Coconut Beach Resort Samui is located on the secluded Thong Tanote Beach, on the south-western tip of Koh Samui, with views across to Koh Tan and Koh Mutsum, two renowned diving and snorkelling spots. Nestled amidst luxuriant surroundings the resort offers a variety of experiences with a choice of a comfortable stay in a room overlooking the pool or offering direct pool access, or greater comfort in villas situated steps away from the beachfront pool and the fine sands of the resort’s beach. Resort accommodation consists of 53 rooms and villas ranging from 44 to 63 square metres of living space including a furnished balcony or terrace, 23 rooms offer pool access providing additional comfort to all guests and the 7 villas feature a Jacuzzi, comfortable living space and garden or ocean viewsCense by Spa Cenvaree will offer holistic experiences as well as therapeutic and beauty treatments in a tranquil environment. There are several treatment rooms and two Jacuzzi rooms. Two swimming pools comprising one beachfront swimming pool and a longer pool flanked by the resort’s buildings. Activities outside the resort are aplenty and can be arranged via the tour desk.The resort’s all-day dining restaurant, Coconut restaurant, offers a eclectic mix of Thai and International cuisines together with great ocean vistas. A Beach Bar is situated adjacent to the Coconut Restaurant and serves cocktails and refreshments throughout the day.The resort is a 15-minute drive to popular Lamai Beach and Nathon Pier where ferries disembark from the mainland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Coconut Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach