“A bargain in an expensive area.”
Review of Lamoon Lamai House

Lamoon Lamai House
Ranked #15 of 40 Lamai Beach B&B and Inns
Andover, United Kingdom
“A bargain in an expensive area.”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed here for a few days after searching up and down the beach for a vacant room at a reasonable price.
The hotels that dominate the beach are mostly expensive costing between 2000-3500baht. We were traveling on a budget so walked up the road that runs behind the beach hotels, where we found Lamoon Lamai.
The rooms are behind the 7-11 and are very clean and tidy, we had fresh towels, 2 bottles of water and our room made up every day. The room included TV, fridge, air-con, fan, large double bed and clean tiled bathroom with hot shower.
We paid 800baht p/n which we were pleased with. The beach is a 5 minute walk and quite nice, the sea was pretty rough when we visited.
The road that the hotel is on is lined with bars, resaurants and shops and it's a nice walk down to the night food stalls which you have to visit.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I checked in with the female owner with 500 bahts with a written receipt, but 20 mins later, the male owner came to knock my door and told me that his wife doesn’t speak good English therefore made a mistake on the rent. The correct rent should be 600 bahts, so I needed to pay extra 100 bahts. I thought it’s such a scam so told him that I’m not playing along with his game. I’m checking out instead. Then after I was ready to check out, he asked for a fee of using the room for 25 mins and accused me for showering which I didn’t. It turned out the fee is exactly 500 bahts. I was like WTF - I stayed at the room for 25 mins and got charged for 500 baths? And it wasn’t even my fault. His wife was there and claimed that she told me its 600 bahts in the beginning but somehow I only paid 500 bahts. But, remember, she was the one writing me a receipt.. it was clearly written 500 bahts.

I then asked for the police. The corrupted Thai polices came and didn’t even try to understand the situation. Perhaps because they don’t know English very well, and the male owner talked in Thai to the policeman, so the policemen agreed that I was lying and showed me their guns for threatening me to pay the extra 100 bahts, or they will take me to jail. I was terrified about the horrible service and injustice of this country. IT WAS JUST A DISASTER!! It literally killed my traveling good mood. I’d say hmm.. avoid this place if you can. The owners are the biggest liars ever!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo