Rich Resort Beachside Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)
View Hotel
Am Samui Palace(Lamai Beach)
View Hotel
Marina Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)
Marina Villa(Lamai Beach)
Bonny Hotel(Lamai Beach)
Weekender Resort(Lamai Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsswing barfire showfan roomair confree sunbedsperfect locationhot showercheap hotelfree waterthe main stripswimming poolkoh samuifew minutes walkbars and restaurantsdeluxe roomstayed here for nightsbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here for 16 nights during September and found the hotel, overall, very good. The staff were extremely helpful, the rooms were kept in a good condition and the hotel's location is ideal - right on the beach front and just a 5 minute walk from many restaurant and bars. The only issues we had was that we had no control over our shower temperature and there was a slight ant problem towards the end of our stay. Other than these things, the stay was very enjoyable. A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toby N
Reviewed 20 September 2013

perfect place to stay and a great price to boot. right on the beach and great clean rooms. can't beat it for the price and location. friendly staff in the bar and reception very helpful also. I will definitely recommend this hotel to future travellers and will be visting there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Madeline G
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I came here for 4 nights and stayed 4 weeks. In fact the only reason I have to leave is a visa run.

What I love about it: it's right on the beach, central in Lamai. So you have the most fantastic beach in front, and the life of Lamai behind. I was expecting a room without window but not a bit of it. Huge room, massive king size bed, very nice bathroom by Thai standards, fridge in the room with a freezer compartment. It's literally right by the beach so you get loungers for free and fantastic sea. All this for £8 a night because I stayed longer with a discount.

The restaurant is great. I didn't do their big breakfast because I went to the bikini bar for that (slightly greasy) and there's an eat-what-you want joint 50 metres away too for 250 baht. However, the Swing restaurant also does great breakfast: the 3 egg omelette and toast for 80baht is very good. Where the restaurant really scores is on lunches and dinner. The Pad Thai is fab and cheap. You can get Pad Thai in the street food market but it's much oilier. Swing bar is also a bigger quantity. The Green and Masaman curries are to die for and cheap, and the basil, garlic and chilli too. If you like European food then I think it's much better than some of the others nearby with new chefs in place, including a European.

OK, to those in the far past who posted unfavourable reviews, this place has clearly gone on improving and remember it's a hotel for £10 a night, or less if you stay longer. Sure if you leave food out in the room you'll get the tiny ants. So, erm, put the food in the fridge? The cleaning staff are a bit grumpy but that's probably not surprising. Rest of the staff are great. Alain, one of the partners, is a star. Incredibly helpful.

Next time I would probably do aircon not fan because Samui is warm! Otherwise, I've travelled a lot in Thailand and this is exceptional value: remember you are getting a hotel, not a hostel, right on a stunning beach for £10 a night or less. Value!

Room Tip: Aircon is worth considering If you have a room on the east side watch out for night club noise some nights from Fusion. Shut the window or turn the fan / aircon up. On the west side you don't hear it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RichardH267
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and our son stayed here for 10 days in July. The staff were awesome, always had a smile, very friendly and extremely helpful!! Always willing to help me book tours or arrange for a cab, even when they were very busy, we were helped within minutes. Location was fabulous, right across the road from the amazing Swing Bar, which is on the perfect beach!! We never really needed to leave as we had access to massage, vendors, food, drinks, fly boarding, jet ski, shisha, the fireshow (which is amazing!!) and a great lounging area with beach chairs, umbrellas and tables. Rich Resort was in the greatest location as we had access to Walking street with all the shopping and restaurants and bars you could ever need!! The rooms were spacious, with or without a/c and were kept clean. Had everything you need for a beach holiday. I was able to drop off and pick up my key from the desk many times a day and never felt it was an inconvenience. We truly enjoyed our holiday here and were all very sad to go!! We cant wait until we return in April!! Ryan, Amber & Kane

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel is definitely a great hotel for budget Travelers. The price and the location are the main main advantages. The rooms were for the most part very clean and have all the basic necessities with TV, hot wAter shower, free drinking water and mini safe, free wifi. The staff in both the reception and restaurant were friendly and helpful. I will definitely visit Rich Resort again on my travels next year to Thailand.

• Stayed: August 2013
RichResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rich Resort Beachside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Yes our hotel is a good hotel for budget travelers for sure. Thanks for making that point and thanks for making a review. We cater to a lot of backpackers and budget travelers because our prices are very affordable for the product you get and the location. Yes all the basic necessities are there for a very cheap price which is why we have a very high occupancy rate year round so book your rooms early if you are planning to visit us again to avoid disappointment. Also lovely to hear that the staff treated you well.
We appreciate your feedback and see you next year!