“Love this place - I would never stay anywhere else in Samui!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rich Resort Beachside Hotel

Rich Resort Beachside Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
“Love this place - I would never stay anywhere else in Samui!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This would have to be my 8th trip to Koh Samui. I've stayed in various places around the island but Rich Resort is certainly the pick of the bunch. As they say...Location...Location...Location!!!
The location is BRILLIANT!!!
I was quite surprised how affordable the rooms were given the quality of the room and the location. The Rich Resort is just a hop, skip and jump away from the best part of Lamai Beach and less than a four minute walk to central Lamai's night market. There are free sun-loungers with umbrellas which are available to customers of the Swing Bar (which is just in front of the resort). It’s a great place to sip fresh coconut water and waste away the day with a good book.
I'm a freelance writer and here for two months. I’ve been here for almost a month so far. Given the affordability of the rooms I decided to stay in deluxe room which is awesome. The room is huge...probably a little too big for what I need but I'm really enjoying the space. The Wi-Fi is super quick which is important to me as I’m spending the majority of my time here working, however like the rest of the island it can get a fraction slower after 6pm. The aircon in my room works a treat, and my room has fans too. The fans are quite strong, I find that I often just use that instead of the air-con.
As I'm staying here for two months it’s so nice to have somewhere to hang up your clothes (with enough coat hangers to my surprise) so I've really made myself at home. There’s a place like 15 steps away from the resort that does your laundry (wash and iron) within 24 hours (and so cheap).
My room has a very decent sized fridge, it's so handy to be able to buy fruit at the market and have somewhere to store it without attracting any ants. The room gets made up every-day, fresh linen and towels whenever you need them and 2 complimentary bottles of water.
I’m so glad I chose this place and will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SugarRae1258
RichResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rich Resort Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thanks you for your opinion of our hotel. Wow it sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed the location. Yes our location is great right on Central Lamai beach within walking distance to everything in town. Yes free sun beds for customers and free WiFi everywhere in the rooms, restaurants and even on the beach. It is excellent to hear that you found the rooms affordable as this is our goal to provide affordable beach accommodation while still providing all the basic room necessities.
Thank you for taking the time to make a review and it sounds like we will definitely be seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was worth every penny I paid for it! Me and a friend booked here for 2 nights but ended up staying an extra night because we loved it that much.

We arrived just after attending the full moon party so wanted a chilled out place and that is exactly what we got.

Rooms were clean, spacious and beds were huge. The wifi was also very good.

The resort had it's own bar which was a bit more pricey than other places but decent quality. There is also a fire show right on the beach right opposite the hotel every night which is great.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
RichResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rich Resort Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank for your feedback of our business. We appreciate everyone who takes the time to make a review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would return. Also nice to hear that it was worth every penny because we try to provide the most affordable accommodation. It is good that you found the rooms to be clean and up to standard as well as the WiFi. The rooms are very large especially the deluxe rooms. Great also that you enjoyed the nightly fireshows which we have in our bar/restaurant Swing Bar every night.
Thanks you again for your kind review and it would be our pleasure to have you stay again with us!
Krabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

A nice place to stay, right on the beach! Rooms were spacious! Swing bar that is attached to the rich resort was a nice atmosphere in the day, free wifi and sunbeds on the beach! Don't expect a good morning from the staff as they don't say a word! Local building work gave us an early rise every morning of our 7 nights there pre 8am! Beach party's advertised on a Monday and Friday were a good laugh. Drinks over priced though! Nice short walk to the main town though where food was cheap and people were friendly! A nice street food market opposite mc Donald's served some great food and a great atmosphere!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RichResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rich Resort Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi Thanks for your feedback of our business. Yes everyone loves our location right in the center of beautiful Lamai Beach within walking distance to everything in town. Good to hear that you enjoyed the free WiFi which is available in all the rooms, restaurants and yes even on the beach. So you can surf the net while relaxing on our free sunbeds. Sorry to hear that the staff were not too interactive. I am not sure if you are referring to the restaurant staff or the hotel staff but we will look into it. Good to hear that you enjoyed the beach parties which are every Monday and Friday and have the best fireshows in Thailand. Thanks again for your review of our property.
Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel cheap and very friendly staff. Delux rooms big and good. Nice beach party every monday and friday. But terrible internet. Hey, normal internet in Asia cost very cheap - make it for you customers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello thank you for your review of our establishment. Yes our hotel is one of the most affordable on Koh Samui with a great location on the beach. It is good to hear that you found the staff friendly and the room large and adequate. Sorry to hear about the internet. This it the first review that I remember of the internet signal being inadequate. We will get the maintenance staff to test the signal on all of the access points to make sure they are working properly. Thank you for your input and review of our hotel.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

A friend told me about Rich Resort, and those are the best referrals. My first advice when flying into Koh Samui, book your shuttle to Lamai Beach for 170 Baht while you're waiting for your bags to arrive. I had little expectations from a budget hotel, knew not to expect much. I was escorted to my room and was pleasantly surprised with a very comfortable king sized bed, amazing quality bed sheets and pillows, and exquisitely folded bath towels, full size fridge and large bathroom. The wifi was very strong, and the fan moved the air quite nicely to cool the room in mid July. The staff was amazing. All smiles, always helpful and supremely knowledgeable of the area. I came here to relax, and although not in my room a lot, who wants to be, there's a great big beautiful beach to play on day and night. The north end of the beach was dirty and rocky, not conducive to swimming or water sports. The south end of the beach sort of drops off into the ocean, and gets very narrow as resort guests have a smaller place to play. Central Lamai is just right.
Swing Bar: The food, amazing menu in English, Russian and French with choices to please guests of all countries. The staff attentive, caring and always keeping their eye on you, should you need assistance. You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the main bar, or go downstairs to the beach front. Monday and Friday fire party night, has to be experienced to be believed. Amazing talent. The beach, it's perfectly situated on the middle of the beach with the best sand, water sports activities and the iceberg climbing inflatable.
I am so happy with my stay, I've cancelled my other island hops for this summer vacation, because why mess with a good thing?
George from California USA

Room Tip: If you need AC to survive, pay extra for it, otherwise a fan room is cool enough.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. Wow sounds like you enjoyed your stay. I don't know where to start looks like you enjoyed everything! Thanks for taking the time to review our property and by the sounds of it I am sure we will see you again!
Plymouth, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Overall I was pleased with my stay here. The room was huge!! Really close to the beach and the staff were friendly and efficient. The only reason I give it 4 stars and not 5 is because the towels and sheets were in poor condition and in desperate need of replacing! Also the road leading to rich resort from the main road isn't very well lit at night and as a solo female traveller I felt a little anxious walking back alone at night time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review and it is excellent to hear that you would stay again at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you found the location good and the staff friendly and efficient. Sorry to hear about the linens, we will definitely look into it. Yes our access to the main road is like a horseshoe. One access is lit while we are working with the government to install lights on the other access way. Thanks again for your feedback and great to know you will stay again with us. Hope to see you again soon!
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My first time here, I was in a room with just a fan. I think AC is needed when you first get to Thailand and are still getting used to the heat.

This is definitely a place when you get your money's worth. No, the basic rooms don't have windows with views, but the beds are nice, you get a fridge and wifi is free and fast. The bathrooms leave something to be desired but I didn't come here to spend all day in the bathroom.

The selling point really is the amazing beach across the road and through their Swing Bar, where the food is good and the drinks are strong and cheap. It's lively, simultaneously family and couple friendly, and the water is warm and blue and perfect.

Come here for the beach and you will leave satisfied. Absolutely perfect for anyone on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank eggytomato90
RichResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rich Resort Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for your review. Yes perfect for anyone on a budget as you have said. We are one of the most affordable accommodation on Koh Samui and we have a great location right on beautiful Central Lamai beach within walking distance to everything in Lamai town. Yes if you are not used to the humidity and can afford a bit extra for air con then air con is a good choice. Great that you were impressed with the beach and Swing bar our beach bar and restaurant. Lamai beach is one of the best beaches on Koh Samui and you won't be disappointed.
Thank you again for your opinion of our business. We appreciate all feedback as we continue to improve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
#9 of 50 in Lamai Beach
Beach Republic The Residences
Beach Republic The Residences
#4 of 50 in Lamai Beach

Been to Rich Resort Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!