We were very excited for this 4 day hotel stay based on online pics and reviews--Le Meridien Ko Samui did not disappoint. Hotel entry way and open-air lobby were very impressive and we immediately felt relaxed. B/c of SPG status, we were upgraded from standard Verandah Suite to our choice of Plunge Pool Suite or Terrace Suite, however, since we arrived early, neither room was ready which was fine as we were able to relax beach/poolside with welcome drinks.
We opted for Terrace Suite as it provided more light and space. Room was amazingly decorated--attention to detail was impressive. Bed was extremely comfortable providing restful night of sleep. Bathroom sink/vanity are was beautifully decorated and bath/soap amenities were nice. Although toilet, tub and shower is in outdoor area, it was fine as we didn't really have a problem with mosquitoes as other reviewers had mentioned and we rather liked this unique layout. NOTE: Our room (3202) overlooked the pool access suites--there were a few nights that guests utilized the pool late at night after some drinks it sounded, and were rather loud. We informed the front desk and they addressed problem right away, so wasn't a huge issue...but just be aware if you are a light sleeper like I am.
Pool is amazing--very clean, large, and provides a magnificent view of the beach and unique pier. Pool staff was attentive, serving us drinks and food poolside with no problem. Poolside lounge chairs and salas were plentiful, we never had a difficult time obtaining a spot. This area of Lamai beach has a shallow shoreline, but still nice for wading in the water when high-tide is in. You can walk to other beach areas along the shore in Lamai as well as Grandfather/grandmother rocks which are nice walk from Le Meridien. The hotel also has a very unique floating pier that is very peaceful especially in the morning when the water is calm and and sun is rising!
Overall, would highly recommend this hotel for relaxing stay for couples looking for quiet getaway! Staff is very friendly and attentive, grounds and rooms are kept immaculately clean.
ps. Le Spa was great! We booked last minute couples treatment and did not regret it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach