Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort and Spa is breathtakingly beautiful down to the last detail.
We originally moved into a Verandah Suite but were then upgraded to a Plunge Pool Suite. The Verandah Suite was gorgeous but the Plunge Pool Suite had a bit more space and of course a plunge pool in the indoor/outdoor area. We didn't get as much use out of the plunge pool as we would have liked because it wasn't heated but it was great to just pop in to cool down after coming back to the room after an outing in the heat.
The pool and restaurant/bar area is stunning and you get a great view of the beach and the jetty extending into the water. We ate at the restaurant for lunch a few times and dinner once. The food was expensive for Thailand but was lovely. Breakfast was a highlight and there is a huge variety of food to choose from.
The service at Le Meridien was a stand out. Absolutely everyone we dealt with was so helpful and genuine. Kao on the tour desk is such an asset to the resort. She went above and beyond for us and was so warm and friendly, just a pleasure to deal with.
The only real downside to this resort is the location. It's about a 20 minute walk to Lamai and a 25 minute drive to Chaweng. This wouldn't be an issue if the resort provided a regular shuttle, however they only have one shuttle per day and it only goes to one location (ie. Lamai one day, Chaweng the next etc). Because of this, you need to either rely on taxis (which regularly pass by the resort, expect to pay 200bt to Lamai and 500bt to Chaweng) or hire a bike or car. I thought this was a real let-down from Le Meridien, surely it's not too hard to provide an hourly shuttle to Lamai and a couple of trips to Chaweng per day?
Overall, I loved staying at Le Meridien and would not hesitate to return or recommend it to anyone looking for an opulent place to relax in Koh Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Starwood, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach