We stayed in a Pool Access Room in August 2012 for 6 nights using a pay 2 stay 3 night deal via Le Meridien's website. We really enjoyed our stay and we especially liked our room; the pool access room was really special. To us it was nicer than a private plunge pool as you could actually swim as opposed to just get wet. It was quite large and very under-utilised so each time we swam in it we were the only ones there. Morning swims before breakfast were our favourite! The room decor was beautiful with a bit of a Sino-Portuguese feel. Our only problem with the room was the mozzies. There is an open air bathroom (separated to the airconditioned bedroom by a door which you keep shut) which let mozzies in, however each day housekeeping came with citronella, mozzie coils and mozzie zappers to kill them before they did any harm so it wasn't too much of an issue.
Housekeeping was a little slow, one day they didn't come until 5pm and a couple of days around 3pm. We complained and then they came quickly but you don't really expect to have to complain when its a reputable hotel. The towels also need to be thrown out - they are worn out and thin. One was even fraying at the end which was really unacceptable. We complained and they were changed straight away. But again, this is pretty obvious and just seemed like blatant cost cutting - if the towel looks old, thin and threadbare throw it out!
The hotel surrounds are pretty with nice architecture and nice tropical plants. The hotel grounds are small though - before it was a chain hotel it was an independent boutique hotel 'The Gurich' so don't expect a large resort on many acres. There really is only just enough room by the pool and we resorted to saving sun loungers to make sure we got a spot.
The beach isn't really worth trying to swim in, however you can walk or kayak to neighbouring beaches which are great. The main part of Lamai Beach is nice and in the other direction Coral Cove and Silver Beach were nice as well.
There is only one restaurant but it was nice. We only ate there for breakfast and a couple of lunches. There is a good restaurant right next to the resort on the beach which is cheap and delicious. It is also worth travelling to either Chaweng Beach or Lamai Beach for dinner where there is more action. The Lamai night market is great for pad thais, curries and satays (or cheap cocktails) and there is a full street market on Sunday nights which is worth going to.
Overall, we had a great stay and we would return. We felt it was value for money and the staff were really lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach