The Le Meridien Koh Samui resort is located at Lamai Beach half an hour from the airport. The resort resembles stories of Chinese immigrants migrated to Samui and their stages of settling down in their new found land. It reflects the path of progress of the new immigrants from their basic humble accommodation at the beginning to more luxurious accommodations when living conditions gradually improved. Thus the resort has great Chinese influences in the architectures, Chinese cultures and beliefs and strong feng shui elements.
Upon arrival, the Concierge escorted me walking passed a path leading to the hotel lobby. Welcome drink and cold towel were served while the front office staff processed my check-in. I was escorted to my plunge pool suite facing the lawn. I was briefed on the room features and handlings of the room amenities.
The Plunge pool suite consists of three sections. The front area is the sitting lounge. The central section is the bedroom area while the inner section is the open air private plunge pool, the wardrobe, the vanity, the rain shower and the toilet.
The only restaurant of the resort, the Latest Receipt is fronting the pool and the ocean with 2 levels. It is a relaxing open dining area with sea breeze blowing gently. An ocean floating pier of 224m with sleeping bags during the day and becomes a romantic dinning venue at night.
The beach is clean with fine white sand. The sea around Lamai area is generally shallow, which is unsuitable for swimming. Nevertheless there are other water activities like wind surfing, kayaking available. Other activities including Thai boxing at the lawn, fish feeding at the ocean pier and beach volley. The resort has daily shuttle service to other nearby beaches like Chaweng etc. There are trips to nearby walking streets and night markets every night.
On the second day of my stay, I changed to another suite type after I complained to the front office that my Plunge pool suite was lack of privacy. Basically, the ceiling to floor glass walls of the suite provides a nice view during the day. But when night falls and when the light is now, everything inside the room becomes visible outside. I felt like an animal in the zoo. The thin curtain selves more like a decorative items. My activities for the whole night were constraint to the bedroom. I would suggest to the management to fix a layer of block-out curtain at the sitting area so that guests can choose their own preference; whether to be an exhibitionists or at their own privacy. Cally (Kelly) entertained to my complaint and took immediately action on the issue.
Staffs are hospitable and ready to help. I was very surprised to meet Tina Liu, the General Manager of the resort helping out at the restaurant in the morning. She might be the only GM of Starwood hotels and Resorts in the world helping out in the restaurant.
The resort is not big with 66 Suites and villas thus quiet and relaxing. The whole resort is nicely landscaped with beautiful tropical flowers & shrubs. Credit must go to the hardworking gardeners who do a good job maintaining the plants and flowers.
I strongly recommend this resort to those who are planning to visit Samui, who are looking for 5-star comfort and services with a relaxing atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach